Yale Young African Scholars Programme 2024
For the Yale Young African Scholars Programme 2024/2025, which will be given to applicants for undergraduate programs in the US, applications from qualified African applicants are being accepted.
This Fully Funded scholarship is an opportunity that offers Tuition free, meals and accommodation provision to qualified Undergraduate candidates. This program is sponsored by Yale University and is to be take at United States of America. The YYAS is an intensive academic and enrichment programme aimed at supporting young Africans who are currently in the secondary school and planning to pursue a higher education as well as those wishing to make a meaningful leadership impact as youths.
Yale University is a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. Founded in 1701, Yale is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine colonial colleges chartered before the American Revolution. The Collegiate School was established in 1701 by Congregationalist clergy of the Connecticut Colony. At first restricted to instructing ministers in theology and sacred languages, the curriculum began to incorporate humanities and sciences by the time of the American Revolution. In the 19th century, the college expanded into graduate and professional instruction, awarding the first PhD in the United States in 1861 and organizing as a university in 1887. Yale’s faculty and student populations grew rapidly after 1890 with expansion of the physical campus and of scientific research programs. Yale is organized into fourteen constituent schools: the original undergraduate college, the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and twelve professional schools. While the university is governed by the Yale Corporation, each school’s faculty oversees its curriculum and degree programs. In addition to a central campus in downtown New Haven, the university owns athletic facilities in western New Haven, a campus in West Haven, and forests and nature preserves throughout New England.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Yale University
Scholarship to be taken at: United States of America
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Benefits: Tuition free, meals and accommodation provision
Subject Eligibility: All fields of study.
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Yale Young African Scholars Programme 2024:
- Be at least 14 years old by application deadline in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. Applications will also be accepted from refugees living in an African country.
- Be currently attend school in an African country.
- Be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2023 and no later than November/December 2024.
SEE ALSO: NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships 2023
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Yale Young African Scholars Programme (how to apply):
Interested applicants for Yale Young African Scholars Programme are to follow the steps outlined below. Official transcript of grade report should be attached and also a recommendation from applicant’s teacher.
- Completed application form – The application can be found online and must be filled out by the applicant. Students will be asked to complete one 500-word essay and two short responses, and must provide information on their extracurricular activities and the school that they currently attend.
- Official transcript or grade report(s)
- One (1) teacher recommendation – The recommendation must be filled out via the Online Recommendation Form that will be sent to a teacher’s email after the student provides their contact details.
Steps to Apply:
- Review and ensure you meet the YYAS eligibility criteria.
- Review the YYAS application required components.
- Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.
- You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
Complete the Application:
- Click APPLY NOW to start your YYAS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time. Ensure that you complete and submit your application before the deadline.
- Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.
- Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- Check your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application.
Application Deadline: 10 November 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.