Ontario Graduate Scholarship 2023 for International Students at University of Toronto
The University of Toronto are pleased to invite as well as welcome highly intellectual and eligible international students who wish to further their academic path in Canada to take a chance in applying for the ongoing Ontario Graduate Scholarship programme for the 2023-2024 academic session.
The scholarship program is partially funded and successful applicants will receive a non-refundable offer valued at about $5,000. It’s opened for applicants pursuing their masters degree and PhD as well. The programme is jointly funded by province of Ontario and the University of Toronto as it’s aimed at luring highly motivated domestic as well as international students who face financial difficulties in completing their studies.
The University of Toronto have proven to become one of the best public research university Ontario, Canada. Since founded in 1827 by royal charter as King’s College, the institution have been aiding financially challenged students by providing several opportunities and scholarships.
The value of the OGS is $5,000 per session. Thus, awardees may receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions. In all instances, the awarding graduate unit will contribute to one-third the cost of the total award received by the students. Each scholarship is tenable for one year (i.e., two consecutive or three academic sessions). The value and duration of each OGS award will be determined by the awarding graduate unit and detailed in the offer letter.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Scholarship Worth: $5,000 per session
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship 2023/2024:
- International students who are studying or plan to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa (student study permit) are eligible for a set number of OGS awards (valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline);
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit;
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time basis in 2023-2024;
- Have not exceeded the lifetime maximum of government-funded support or maximum OGS/QEII support available for their current level of study;
- Have achieved at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); or if the student has completed two years or more of graduate studies at the time of application, the student must only demonstrate an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) on all graduate courses completed.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Ontario Graduate Scholarship for International Students (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this scholarship opportunity are expected to submit an OGS application to their proposed graduate unit which often have different deadlines, and applicants must provide all supporting documents needed. Prior to applying, applicants should review the OGS Application Instructions.
Once the entire application has been completed and submitted online, it will be made available to the proposed graduate unit for review and consideration.
Application Deadline: June, 01, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, visit the Official Website.