Government of Canada International Scholarships 2024 at the University of Alberta
The University Of Alberta is delighted to welcome applicants for Government of Canada International Scholarships for international students who wish to further their educational path abroad for the 2024/2025 academic session. This scholarship scheme is open to undergraduate and postgraduate candidates.
This Full Funding Scholarship is a opportunity offered to qualified international undergraduate and postgraduate candidates. This program is sponsored by Government of Canada and hosted by University Of Alberta, Canada. The Canadian Government Scholarships domiciled at the University of Alberta provides scholarship awards depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship includes the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program, Canada-Asean Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) and the Study in Canada Scholarships.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, the university’s first president. It was enabled through the Post-secondary Learning Act. The university is considered a “comprehensive academic and research university” (CARU), which means that it offers a range of academic and professional programs that generally lead to undergraduate and graduate level credentials. It is ranked among the top public universities in Canada by major college and university rankings. The university is a major economic driver for Alberta. In 2022, it contributed $19.4 billion to Alberta’s economy, or over five per cent of that year’s gross domestic product. The University of Alberta has produced over 260,000 graduates; awards received by alumni and faculty members include 3 Nobel Prizes and 72 Rhodes Scholarships.
The scholarship program is to support international candidates who wish to study, conduct research, or gain professional development in Canada on a short-term basis. These programs include:
- Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP):Undergraduate and graduate students from the Caribbean and South America
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) Undergraduate and graduate students from ASEAN member states
- Study in Canada Scholarships
Undergraduate and graduate students from:
Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
Europe: Turkey, Ukraine; The Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.
Scholarship values vary depending on the duration and level of study. The table below summarizes the scholarship values for the different programs:
Award Amount Duration Level of Study Program
$15,900 CAD 8 months Undergraduate SEED, Study in Canada Scholarships
$12,700 CAD 5-6 months Graduate SEED, Study in Canada Scholarships
$11,100 CAD 5-6 months Graduate ELAP
$10,200 CAD 4 months Undergraduate; Graduate SEED, Study in Canada Scholarships
$8,200 CAD 4 months Undergraduate; Graduate ELAP
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Alberta, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requi9rement and Eligibility Criteria for Government of Canada International Scholarships 2024:
- An undergraduate applicant applying for a research-based experience is to provide a written institutional collaboration and student exchange agreement or a Letter of Invitation from the University of Alberta professor who has agreed to supervise you.
- For graduate applications, an inter-institutional agreement is desirable but not mandatory.
- Student applicants must be enrolled full-time in their proposed degree program at the time of application.
- Must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French) before their arrival in Canada, as the scholarship does not cover language training.
SEE ALSO: KPMG Canada Internship 2024
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Government of Canada International Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Government of Canada Scholarships 2024 at the University of Alberta are to ensure that they meet the eligible criteria for the scholarship before they can proceed to find a host professor/supervisor. Email professors you would potentially like to work with the following information:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your home University and home country
- Whether you are currently an undergraduate (bachelor) or graduate (master or doctoral) student
- Which year of your degree program you are in
- The full name of the scholarship program you would be applying for
- How long you wish to do research for (4 months, 5-6 months, 8 months)
- Your ideal start date (must finish no later than February 1 each year)
- Documents such as your CV/resume, university academic transcripts, and/or cover letter
- A link to the information for host supervisors
Once the applicant has found a potential host supervisor, the applicant will work together with their home institution and UAlberta host supervisor to gather the required supporting documents which will then be submitted while also completing the Electronic Application Form.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.