Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program 2023
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified domestic and international candidates for Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program commencing research work for 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to PhD candidates.
This Scholarships is a partially funded opportunity that offers a Salary Range b/w $58,563 and $113,877 to qualified domestic and international PhD students. The Postdoctoral Research Program offers scientists who have just graduated with a doctorate in a natural sciences discipline the chance to collaborate with research teams or leaders at government research labs and institutions across Canada. New and developing talent also benefits the Canadian government. This program is hosted and sponsored by Government of Canada, Canada.
SEE ALSO: German Bundestag IP Scholarship 2023
Natural Resources Canada, in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Health Canada & Public Health Agency of Canada is looking for recent graduates in a field of natural sciences to join the Postdoctoral Research Program.
Federal research scientists contribute to strategic decisions, policies, regulations and programs by providing a sound scientific knowledge base through their research. Research scientists perform their work in pursuance of departmental mandates in order to attain specified outcomes and to conceptualize, identify, formulate and set in motion new outcomes in delivering programs, meeting the future needs of the department.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada, Canada
Host Institution(s): Government of Canada, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Salary Range b/w $58,563 and $113,877
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program 2023:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must be admitted into PhD degree program.
- Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, however, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Experience in planning and conducting research.
- Experience in working with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Experience resulting in a recognized achievement in the form of authorship and editorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications. This experience must have been acquired through one of the following means:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems;
- Operational research and scientific analysis;
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign programs in research and development, or;
- Developmental work leading to the issue of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs, and/or recognition by the professional community of the research environment.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program (how to apply):
Before submitting an online application for the Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program administered by the Government of Canada, applicants should make an effort to meet the qualifying requirements.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.