Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships 2023 at University of Toronto
The University of Toronto are pleased to invite as well as welcome highly intellectual and eligible students from across the globe who wish to further their academic path in Canada to take a chance in applying for the ongoing Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships for the 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to Undergraduate candidates.
The Tuition award is an opportunity that offers Tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support to qualified Undergraduate students. This program is sponsored by University of Toronto, Canada and is to be taken at University of Toronto, Canada. The Lester B. Pearson scholarship is meant to honor students who exhibit remarkable talent and intellectual ability, as well as those who are regarded as role models in their school and community. The annual scholarship provides complete housing support for four years as well as tuition, books, and incidentals.
The University of Toronto is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located on the grounds that surround Queen’s Park. It was founded by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in Upper Canada. The University of Toronto offers over 700 Undergraduate and 200 graduate programs. In all major rankings, the university consistently ranks in the top ten public universities in the world and as the top university in the country. It receives the most annual scientific research funding and endowment of any Canadian university and is one of two members of the Association of American Universities outside the United States, the other being McGill University in Montreal. Academically, the University of Toronto is noted for influential movements and curricula in literary criticism and communication theory, known collectively as the Toronto School. The university was the birthplace of insulin and stem cell research, the first artificial cardiac pacemaker, and the site of the first successful lung transplant and nerve transplant. The university was also home to the first electron microscope, the development of deep learning, neural network, multi-touch technology, the identification of the first black hole Cygnus X-1, and the development of the theory of NP-completeness.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Toronto, Canada
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship Worth: Tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Nationality: All nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships 2023:
- An international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023
- Beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships (how to apply):
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here in September.(external link) High schools who have participated in a previous year will receive their nomination access starting in early September.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in September 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you have applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application. You will receive a private link to the scholarship application when you are successfully nominated by your school.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.