One Young World CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship 2024
Applications are hereby invited from suitably candidates from across the globe wishing to apply for One Young World CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship for the 2024/2025 academic session. This program is offered to young graduates.
This scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified young graduates from all nationalities. This program is sponsored by China-United States Exchange Foundation and hosted by One Young World. In partnership with the China-United States Exchange Foundation, One Young World is launching the CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship 2024 to identify eight outstanding young leaders from all over the world. The Scholars will be selected based on their proven positive social impact in tackling global challenges such as climate change, poverty, gender equality and public health. The scholarship will enable eight impactful young leaders who are driving forward positive change to participate in the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
The China–United States Exchange Foundation (CUSEF) is a Hong Kong-based nonprofit organization whose stated aim is to encourage dialogue and exchanges between the people of the United States and China. CUSEF was founded in 2008 by Tung Chee-hwa, a billionaire, former Chief Executive of Hong Kong, and vice chair of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, who remains the chairman of the foundation. CUSEF’s governing board has included members such as Ronnie Chan, Elsie Leung, and Victor Fung. CUSEF donates to universities and think tanks in the U.S. while also sponsoring trips for journalists, students, and former U.S. officials and politicians to China to speak with officials. According to various journalists and academics, CUSEF is a central part of the Chinese Communist Party’s united front strategy of influence in the U.S.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): China-United States Exchange Foundation
Host Institution(s): One Young World
Scholarship Worth: See benefits below
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Young Graduates
Nationality: All Nationality
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for One Young World CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship 2024:
- Aged between 18-30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2024.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting East-West exchanges.
- Have a proven track record for leadership.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering change.
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in their work.
Scholars will receive
- Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal, Canada.
- Access to development opportunities.
- Lifetime membership to CUSEF and the One Young World Community.
- Access to monthly global calls designed to provide delegates with enhanced leadership skills and principles alongside expertise around the Summit’s main themes.
- Exclusive pre-Summit calls with the CUSEF Young Leaders.
- At the One Young World Summit 2024, CUSEF scholars will participate in an onstage panel and host a workshop.
- Private hotel accommodation at the Summit in Montreal from 18 – 21 September 2024.
- Return travel to Montreal (flights in economy).
- Ground transport to travel to the airport (if required).
- Catering throughout the Summit.
- Impact monitoring and tracking of projects.
- Promotion and visibility of the work on social media.
- Opportunity to act as a peer mentor for future cohorts of CUSEF Scholars.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 One Young World CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship (how to apply):
To be considered for One Young World CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship, interested applicants are required to fill and submit the application form before the deadline.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.