ENS International Selection Scholarships 2024
Applications for the ENS International Selection Scholarships are presently being accepted from interested international students. The program will begin for the 2024/2025 academic year. Candidates for master‘s degrees may apply to this program.
This Fully Funded Scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified international masters candidates. This program is sponsored by Ecole normale supérieure (ENS) and hosted by Ecole normale supérieure (ENS), Paris. The Ecole normale supérieure aims at varying its students’ profiles and incorporates students to be enrolled in the 3rd year of bachelor (licence 3) or 1st year of master (master 1), coming from all over the world and from all disciplines. The competitive examination of the International selection is intended to young graduates in Arts & Humanities as well as Sciences, who justify at least of one year undergraduate studies in a foreign university and distinguish themselves with outstanding results.
The École normale supérieure (ENS Paris) is a grande école in Paris, France. It is one of the constituent members of Paris Sciences et Lettres University (PSL). Due to its special historical role, large endowment, and influence within French society, the ENS is generally considered amongst the most prestigious amongst the grandes écoles. Its pupils are generally referred to as normaliens, while its alumni are generally referred to as archicubes. The school was founded in 1794 during the French Revolution, to provide homogeneous training of high-school teachers in France, but it later closed. The school was subsequently reestablished by Napoleon I as pensionnat normal from 1808 to 1822, before being recreated in 1826 and taking the name of École normale in 1830. When institutes for primary teachers training called écoles normales were created in 1845, the word supérieure (meaning upper) was added to form the current name. In 1936, the institution started providing university-level education.
SEE ALSO: UNSW Global University Award 2024
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Ecole normale supérieure (ENS)
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Ecole normale supérieure (ENS), Paris
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below).
Number of Awards: 10 in Sciences and 10 in Arts& Humanities.
Study level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for ENS International Selection Scholarships 2024:
- Candidates must not be after their 26th birthday on December 1st.
- Candidates must not have applied to the International Selection before.
- Candidates must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year.
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission.
- Monthly grant of 1,000 Euros for three years and a room on one of the ENS campuses.
SEE ALSO: ICJ Judicial Fellowship 2024
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 ENS International Selection Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for ENS International Selection Scholarships 2024 should Click Here to Apply
To apply, fill the initial application form HERE
- You must fill and validate the initial application form: http://www1.ens.fr/recrutement-si/
- Within 2 days, you receive an email to activate an account on Dematec, an application where you must upload the required documents in PDF format.
- If your file on Dematec is complete, it is submitted to the jury.
- If the jury selects your dossier, you are invited to take written and oral tests in Paris.
- The marks obtained at the tests determine the list of admitted students.
NB: Applicants interested in the Department of Cognitive Studies can apply using the Science or Arts&Humanities forms indiscriminately. For more information, please visit the Cogmaster website.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.