German Bundestag IP Scholarship 2023
The German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships for politically and socially engaged university graduates to study in Germany are now accepting applications from sufficiently qualified candidates from a few African nations. Candidates for the Masters degree are welcome to apply.
This full funding scholarship is an opportunity offered to qualified Master candidates. This program is sponsored by German Bundestag. The scholarship is aimed at committed, open-minded, resilient and politically interested young professionals from Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda who want to actively and responsibly help shape the democratic future of their countries.
The Bundestag is the German federal parliament. It is the only federal representative body that is directly elected by the German people, comparable to the United States House of Representatives or the House of Commons of the United Kingdom. The Bundestag was established by Title III[c] of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany in 1949 as one of the legislative bodies of Germany and thus it is the historical successor to the earlier Reichstag. The Bundestag has several functions. It is the chief legislative body on the federal level. The individual states (Bundesländer) of Germany participate in legislative process through the Bundesrat, a separate assembly. The Bundestag also elects and oversees the chancellor, Germany’s head of government, and sets the government budget.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: 16
Study Level: Masters
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for German Bundestag IP Scholarship 2023:
To be considered for the German Bundestag IP Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Citizenship of a participating country
- Must be younger than 30 years at the beginning of the scholarship on January 1st
- Must have completed university studies
- Must possess good knowledge of the German language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Pronounced interest in political contexts and social/political commitment
SEE ALSO: UAEU Chancellor’s Fellowship 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 German Bundestag IP Scholarship (how to apply):
Applications for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships must be submitted online by the application deadline with all necessary supporting documentation. To the German diplomatic mission in the applicant’s country, all applications must be submitted in German.
- Application form
- Passport photo (please insert on the 1st page of the application form);
- Proof of good German language skills, not older than 2 years;
- Letter of motivation in German with your handwritten signature (maximum two pages);
- Copy of passport or copy ID;
- Degree certificate from the university in the original or as an officially certified copy in English or German. The original or the officially certified copy of the original must be presented in the event of a possible selection interview.
- A current letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university lecturer or employer, in which the professional qualification of the applicant for the program is assessed).
Application Deadline: 15th July 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.