University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024
Applications are invited from qualified international applicants for the University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024/2025 to be awarded to candidates applying for a undergraduate program in Canada.
This Full tuition Award is a opportunity offered to qualified international undergraduate candidates. This program is sponsored and hosted by University of Alberta, Canada. A scholarship application is an opportunity for you to describe your best attributes and accomplishments at the University of Alberta and in your community. You could be starting with scholarships you do not even have to apply for. You will be evaluated for these scholarships when you apply for admission.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, the university’s first president. It was enabled through the Post-secondary Learning Act. The university is considered a “comprehensive academic and research university” (CARU), which means that it offers a range of academic and professional programs that generally lead to undergraduate and graduate level credentials. It is ranked among the top public universities in Canada by major college and university rankings. The university is a major economic driver for Alberta. In 2022, it contributed $19.4 billion to Alberta’s economy, or over five per cent of that year’s gross domestic product. The University of Alberta has produced over 260,000 graduates; awards received by alumni and faculty members include 3 Nobel Prizes and 72 Rhodes Scholarships.
Notable University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024
The General International Undergraduate Scholarships includes Admission-based and Application-based scholarship opportunities and see what may be available for you:
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship: Students with a superior admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit could receive up to $120,000 CAD (payable over 4 years).
- May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship: Students with a superior admission average and self-declared financial need entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit who are Chinese or Hong Kong citizens could receive up to $100,000 (payable over 4 years).
- International Leader Scholarship: Well-rounded leaders with superior academics may receive up to $10,000 CAD.
- International Admission Scholarship: Top students could receive up to $5,000 CAD, depending on admission average.
- Regional Excellence Scholarship: Top students from certain regions could receive up to $5,000 CAD, based on admission average.
- Gold Standard Scholarship: The top 5% of students in each faculty could receive up to $6,000, depending on admission average.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alberta, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Alberta, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition Award
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student
- Applicants must be ready to enroll in full-time degree program
- Excellence academic records is an advantage for admission-based scholarships
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 University of Alberta International Scholarships (how to apply):
To be considered for University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024, you must apply to an undergraduate degree program before you can apply for any entrance scholarships. Check out some of the tips about how to apply, or visit the scholarship application form to get started.
- Work on your application in a document outside of the Student Application Portal to take advantage of spelling and grammar correction software and avoid technical problems in the application.
- Focus on your greatest achievements. Select your top achievements or experiences that you are most proud of and focus on those in your application. Achievements or experience could include but are not limited to: mentorship, community involvement, volunteerism, public service, athletics, academics, and involvement in societies/clubs.
- Responses should be thoughtful and well-developed. Your application should highlight who you are and what you are passionate about.
- Provide specific examples of experiences that demonstrate reflection and growth within your experience or more generally in your life.
- Think about what sets you apart from other scholarship applicants. Outline experiences or achievements that demonstrate your impact.
- Be creative, show your passion, and put things in your own words. A well-crafted, unique application will allow you to stand out
Application Deadline: January 11, 2024
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.