Doctor of Law (LLD) Scholarship 2023 at University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is currently receiving applications from candidates for the Doctor of Law (LLD) Scholarships beginning this 20232024 academic session for those who wish to continue their PhD program in Australia.
This scholarship scheme is available to PhD students who wish to continue in this prestigious institution. This program is a fully funded scheme hosted and sponsored by the University of Melbourne, Australia and is open to all international students. It’s aims is to admit outstanding graduates from a wide variety of countries and to provide them with a world class experience in undertaking a graduate research degree.
The University of Melbourne has proven to be one of the best public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria.
The work submitted for examination must be of such a standard that it makes a substantial and original contribution to legal scholarship and is of such standard as to give the candidate authoritative standing in the field of the candidate’s study.
The degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) is the highest qualification available by examination within Melbourne Law School.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Host Institution(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Doctor of Law (LLD) Scholarship 2023:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enroll in full-time program
- Applicants must have an offer to enroll for the program at the University
- Applicants must be a graduate in law of the University of Melbourne of at least four years’ standing; or a graduate of another university who has held a recognized degree for at least four years and received adequate training for legal scholarship.
- Applications to enroll in the degree normally follow an invitation from Melbourne Law School to individuals of considerable seniority and with a connection to Melbourne Law School.
- Policy and procedures for the degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) (by examination) are available in Courses, Subjects, Awards and Programs Policy (MPF1327) – Higher Doctorates.
- Applicants must also meet the University’s English language requirements.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Doctor of Law (LLD) Scholarship (how to apply):
Interested applicants who meet the requirements and eligibility criteria for the University of Melbourne Doctor of Laws (LLD) Scholarship, should have formal application for admission to candidature for the LLD comprises a nomination by a Melbourne Law School academic. The nomination should be addressed to the Dean of Melbourne Law School.
A successful request for admission to candidature must first be made before a body of work is submitted for examination.
The proposer should have sufficient familiarity with the proposed candidate and the candidate’s field of research to enable the proposer to recommend that the quality of the work(s) to be submitted warrants the award of LLD.
Application Deadline: Not Stated
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.