TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigeria candidates for the TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme for the 2023/2024 session. This program is open to Undergraduates, Masters & PhD candidates.
This Fellowship program is a fully funded opportunity given to qualified Nigeria Undergraduates, Masters & PhD candidates. This program is sponsored by TransparencIT, Nigeria and hosted Across Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions. The Civic Changemakers Fellowship programme is a civic innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are working or have the ambition to work on solving civic and governance challenges.
The sole objective of the programme is to strengthen the civic space and make a difference in the lives of our communities by developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation of the changemakers to foster and implement citizens-driven solutions.
The program was designed to create a positive impact using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The core components of the fellowship comprise parallel training in experiential learning, leadership development, inclusion, innovation and management framework.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): TransparencIT, Nigeria
Host Institution(s): Across Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions
Fellowship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2023:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants must be Citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the program.
- Applications must be Passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Available to attend both online and on-site activities of the program.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The emerging changemakers will:
- Take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- Receive professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- Receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners.
- Learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
The emerging changemakers will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme (how to apply);
Fill out the application form by June to apply for the Civic Changemakers Fellowship program. Short essays on the challenges of social justice and inequality you are tackling are required for the application.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.