Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists 2023
Applications are hereby welcomed from students form all nationality for Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists 2023/2024 session. This program is open to Graduate.
This fellowship is an opportunity awarded to qualified Graduate applicants from across the globe. This program is sponsored and hosted by Tarbell Fellowship. The Tarbell Fellowship is a one-year program for early-career journalists intent on improving the world. The fellowship represents a unique opportunity to do great journalism, covering topics that could have a major impact on the lives of billions, such as global poverty and existential risks.
Fellows receive a stipend of up to $50,000 to support placements at major publications and independent freelance reporting. The programme incorporates expert speakers, feedback & mentorship from experienced journalists and a two-week journalism summit in Oxford. Upon graduation, fellows are expected to bring their impact-focused perspective to major newsrooms and publications around the globe. The 2024 Tarbell Fellowship will run from January – December 2024.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Tarbell Fellowship
Host Institution: Tarbell Fellowship
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists 2023:
- Ambitious for impact. A commitment to improving the world. Many fellows will have a demonstrated passion for and familiarity with one or more of our areas of interest.
- Passionate about journalism. Previous newsroom experience (including at student newspapers) or comparable experience in a field such as law or research is desirable but not necessary. We seek to support early-career journalists and will priorities potential over experience.
- Excellent writing skills. A creative approach to storytelling combined with the ability to quickly get to the heart of a new topic. Fellows must be able to produce compelling copy under tight deadlines.
- Relentless. The ability to doggedly pursue your goals and persevere in the face of adversity. Fellows must be willing to work hard, and be capable of withstanding repeated rejection .
- Open-minded. The desire to understand the truth of any given story, even when it conflicts with prior beliefs. Fellows must be open to criticism and recognizing ways they can improve their writing and thinking.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists 2024 are to complete an online application by the application deadline. Applicants will be required to include their CV, answer some short questions and provide 1-3 writing samples.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.