GREAT Scholarships for International Students 2023 at University of York
Applications are invited from suitably qualified international Postgraduates students for the GREAT Scholarships for International Students at University of York, UK for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This scholarship is partially funded and a stipend of £10,000 is given to qualified candidates who wish to continue their postgraduates degree in this prestigious institution. This program is sponsored and hosted by the University of York, UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The University of York is a collegiate research university, located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centers, covering a wide range of subjects. York was one of the first of the plate glass universities established in the 1960s, and runs a distinctive collegiate system with 11 colleges as of 2022. The eleventh college, David Kato, opened in 2022. In 2012, York joined the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities.
SEE ALSO: Postgraduate 60th Anniversary Scholarship 2023 at University of York
The GREAT Scholarships 2023 program, launched by the British Council together with 49 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The University of York GREAT Scholarships are open to applicants from the majority of postgraduate taught courses for China, Ghana, India, Nigeria and Thailand. Applicants from Pakistan and Turkey are only eligible if applying for one of our postgraduate Law programs.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2023, please visit Study UK.
- British Council – China (britishcouncil.cn)
- British Council – Ghana (britishcouncil.org.gh)
- British Council – India (britishcouncil.in)
- British Council – Nigeria (britishcouncil.org.ng)
- British Council – Pakistan (britishcouncil.pk)
- British Council – Thailand (britishcouncil.or.th)
- British Council – Turkey (britishcouncil.org.tr)
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of York, UK
Host Institution(s): University of York, UK
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of Awards: 8
Study Level: Postgraduates
Nationality: International students.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for GREAT Scholarships for International Students 2023:
- Application is open to students from China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey.
- Be a citizen of China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one year postgraduate taught course at the University of York by 15 May 2023 (you don’t need to have accepted the offer). Students from Pakistan and Turkey are eligible to apply if they have an offer to study one of the below courses: LLM Law, LLM Art Law, LLM International Corporate and Commercial Law, LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice, LLM Legal and Political Theory, MA Applied Human Rights
- Be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 15 May 2023)
- Have met any language condition of your offer by 15 May 2023.
SEE ALSO: Equal Access Scholarships 2023 at University of York
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 GREAT Scholarships for International Students (how to apply):
To be considered for GREAT Scholarships for International Students at the University of York, you must apply for this scholarship online. As part of the application, you will need to provide answers to questions about your course of study and your goals for the future.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
For more information about this opportunity,Visit the Official Website.