Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth PhD Studentships 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth PhD Studentships 2023/2024 academic session for eligible PhD students from Commonwealth countries who wish to study in the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth countries.
This scholarship scheme is a partially funded opportunity that offers Up to GBP 5,500 to qualified PhD students from Commonwealth countries. This program is hosted by Higher Institutions in Commonwealth countries and sponsored by The Round Table, Routledge and Association of Commonwealth Universities. The PhD studentships provide support for research projects on Commonwealth related themes from a broad range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
Association of Commonwealth Universities was established in 1913, and has over 500 member institutions in over 50 countries across the Commonwealth. The ACU is the world’s oldest international network of universities. Its mission is to promote and support excellence in higher education for the benefit of individuals and societies throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. It has a combined population of 3 billion, mainly under the age of 30, in Commonwealth countries. The Association of Commonwealth Universities is governed by its member institutions through an elected Council. As the ACU is a UK-registered charity, Council members also act as its Trustees. The ACU Council comprises up to 23 members: 20 elected Council members, up to two co-opted Council members and, if the Honorary Treasurer is co-opted rather than elected, the Honorary Treasurer.
SEE ALSO: The Deutschland Stipendium Awards 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Round Table, Routledge and Association of Commonwealth Universities
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Commonwealth countries
Scholarship Worth: Up to GBP 5,500
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: Commonwealth countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth PhD Studentships 2023:
- Applicants must be registered PhD students from UK universities, although not necessarily UK citizens.
- Applicants who are registered PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth countries other than the UK.
- Must have obtained relevant bachelor and master’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
SEE ALSO: International Merit Scholarships 2023 at Transylvania University
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth PhD Studentships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth PhD Studentships are to submit their application via the online application form by the application deadline. If you already have a MyACU account, you can access the application form on the portal.
If you do not already have a MyACU account, please ensure that you first register for an account here and then follow the instructions in the registration email to log in to the system before accessing the application form.
As part of the application, you should submit:
- A CV
- A studentship plan, outlining: The work you plan to carry out during the studentship, in non-technical language. The likely impact of your studentship work, and how it will advance knowledge in your field and contribute to greater understanding of the Commonwealth. The planned outcomes and outputs of the studentship.
- Two letters of support from referees, these should include one academic (preferably your PhD/DPhil supervisor) and one personal reference letter.
Application Deadline: 28 July 2023 at 17:00 BST
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.