International Merit Scholarships 2023 at Transylvania University
Transylvania University is delighted to offer its International Merit Scholarship to international students with outstanding academic record. This scholarship is applicable to undergraduate student who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University.
This Tuition-fee Scholarship is an opportunity with a tuition fee award given to qualified international Undergraduate students. International students who are admitted to Transylvania will receive merit-based scholarships in the form of the scholarship amounts listed below. Applicants are eligible for Transylvania University financial aid program. This program is sponsored and hosted by Transylvania University, USA.
Transylvania University is a private university in Lexington, Kentucky. It was founded in 1780 and was the first university in Kentucky. It offers 46 major programs, as well as dual-degree engineering programs, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Transylvania’s name, meaning “across the woods” in Latin, stems from the university’s founding in the heavily forested region of western Virginia known as the Transylvania Colony, which existed briefly between 1775 and 1776 in south and western Kentucky. Transylvania is the alma mater of two U.S. vice presidents, two U.S. Supreme Court justices, 50 U.S. senators, 101 U.S. representatives, 36 U.S. governors, 34 U.S. ambassadors, and the Confederate president, making it a large producer of U.S. statesmen.
International scholarships are awarded based on a holistic review of the student’s application and will be automatically considered upon application. Potential award amounts vary depending on the students level of performance namely as Global Superior ($20,000), Global Excellence ($18,000) and Global Prestige ($15,000).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Transylvania University, USA
Scholarship Type: Tuition-fee Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Transylvania University, USA
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for International Merit Scholarships 2023:
- Applicants for the Interested applicants for the Transylvania University International Merit Scholarships must be international student.
- Be a first-year international applicant of any major to a participating college or university. ( International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency)
- Demonstrate an interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at Transylvania.
- Students for whom English is not their first language, or who are not from English-speaking countries will be required to provide a proof of English proficiency.
- Global Superior: $20,000
- Global Excellence: $18,000
- Global Prestige: $15,000
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 International Merit Scholarships (how to apply):
If you are applying to more than one of the over 500 colleges and universities that use the Common Application, we recommend you complete the Common Application, which opens Aug. 1 for fall 2023 enrollment.
- For help filling out the application, contact Alice Schaaf, Assistant Director of International Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are filling out the Common Application for the first time, please register here.
- Document Requirement: Applicants are required of the following documents;
- Admissions Essay
- Official Secondary School Transcript
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, ACT and/or SAT scores
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.