Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2023
Applications are now being accepted for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship, which supports Egyptians students who want to study in the United States for the academic year 2023/2024. Postgraduate applicants may apply to this program.
This Full Funding scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified Egyptians Postgraduate students. This program is sponsored by Sawiris Foundation and hosted by Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and is aimed at supporting the educational advancement of successful students.
The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs is a public policy and planning school at the University of Minnesota, a public land-grant research university in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. It is named after Hubert H. Humphrey, former Vice President of the United States and presidential candidate. The school is located on the West Bank of the University of Minnesota, which is also home to the University of Minnesota Law School and Carlson School of Management in Minneapolis. The Humphrey School is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Sawiris Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2023:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
- Full tuition
- Living expenses
- Travel and health insurance
SEE ALSO: UNFPA Internship Programme 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship are to complete an online application and provide the necessary documents by the application deadline.
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor (the guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be his/her father, mother, sister, or brother. The guarantor’s role is to ensure that the student is fulfilling his/her commitments.)
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.