Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Programme 2023
Applications are now being accepted for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Program, which supports international students who want to study in Germany for the academic year 2023/2024. Both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants may apply to this program.
This scholarship program is an opportunity awarded to qualified international Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. This program is sponsored by Friedrich Ebert Foundation and hosted by Universities in Germany. About 2,700 undergraduate and graduate students will receive grants from FES for the academic year 2023/2024. The FES also provides assistance to foreign applicants who are enrolled in German universities at the time of application or who are pursuing postgraduate studies there.
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation is a German political party foundation associated with, but independent from, the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD). Established in 1925 as the political legacy of Friedrich Ebert, Germany’s first democratically elected President, it is the largest and oldest of the German party-associated foundations. It is headquartered in Bonn and Berlin, and has offices and projects in over 100 countries. It is Germany’s oldest organization to promote democracy, political education, and promote students of outstanding intellectual abilities and personality.
SEE ALSO: MEXT (UR) Scholarship 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Friedrich Ebert Foundation
Host Institution(s): Universities in Germany
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Programme 2023:
- Applicants must be foreign students already studying, or doing their postgraduate studies at the time of application in Germany.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant academic qualifications that will be used to offer them admission into their prospective courses.
- Applicants must together with good academic achievement also possess good social and personal attitude that will play an important role in the selection process.
FES expects scholarship holders:
- to participate in extra-curricular seminars and activities of FES campus groups on a regular basis
- to achieve above-average results in their degree courses
- to continue and intensify their socio-political commitment.
At the end of each term, a semester report has to be submitted to FES which describes the scholarship holder’s current academic performance and his/her social engagement.
- 934 € per month (basic scholarship program) / 1.200 € per month (graduate scholarship program)
- 276 € of family allowance, if applicable
- refund of health care costs
- any income exceeding 400 € per month will be credited against the scholarship.
SEE ALSO: Kader Asmal Fellowship Program 2024
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship Programme (how to apply):
To be considered for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Program, interested candidates must submit their online applications within the allotted time frame. It is important for applicants to know that those who are chosen will be asked to two individual interviews.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.