Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified international applicants for the 2024/2025 Utrecht Excellence Scholarships. This program is open to master‘s degree candidates.
This scholarship is an opportunity that offers Tuition fees, 11,000 euro living expenses to qualified international masters candidates. This program is sponsored and hosted by Utrecht University. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years depending on the course program of study. It can only be renewed for the second year if the student shows satisfactory academic performance and progress towards the degree.
Utrecht University is a public research university in Utrecht, Netherlands. Established 26 March 1636 (387 years ago), it is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. In 2022, it had an enrollment of 37,675 students, and employed 8,584 faculty members and staff. More than 400 PhD degrees were awarded and 8,500 scientific articles were published. The university’s 2022 budget was €2.606 billion, consisting of €1.067 billion for the university and €1.539 billion for the University Medical College Utrecht. The university’s interdisciplinary research targets life sciences, pathways to sustainability, dynamics of youth, and institutions for open societies. Its teaching and research are strongly connected where equality, diversity, and inclusion are valued. Utrecht University counts a number of distinguished scholars among its alumni and faculty, including 12 Nobel Prize laureates and 13 Spinoza Prize laureates. Utrecht University is led by the University Board, consisting of Henk Kummeling (Rector Magnificus), Anton Pijpers (chair), Margot van der Starre (Vice Chair) and Anneloes Krul (Student Assessor).
SEE ALSO: UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2024
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Utrecht University
Host Institution(s): Utrecht University
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, 11,000 euro living expenses
Number of Awards: 20-25
Study level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2024:
- You must belong to the top 10% of your graduating class.
- You must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch study grant and loan system.
- You must have completed your secondary school and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
- You must have applied for an international master’s program with a start date of 1 September 2024.
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
SEE ALSO: DHL GoTrade GBSN Fellowship Program 2024
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Utrecht Excellence Scholarships (how to apply):
To apply for this scholarship, you are required first to submit an application (or applications) for an UES eligible Master’s program, before the stated deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the opportunity to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November 2023.
- You will see the UES application(s) in your OSIRIS Online Application account dashboard.
- Click view/edit for the UES linked (related process) to the program you wish to apply for,
- Upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10% of your class, answer the questions and submit the application.
Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class which will be evidenced by an official document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your class.
Such documents as a statement signed and stamped by your institution, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2024
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.