UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2024/2025 UK Government GREAT Scholarships. This program is open to postgraduate candidates.
This scholarship is an opportunity that offers £10,000 to qualified postgraduate candidates. This program is sponsored by British Council/GREAT and is to be taken at Universities in UK (list below). Funded by UK Government funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions, 210 scholarships are offered by 71 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland for one-year postgraduate study in UK.
The British Council is a British organization specializing in international cultural and educational opportunities. It works in over 100 countries: promoting a wider knowledge of the United Kingdom and the English language (and the Welsh language in Argentina); encouraging cultural, scientific, technological and educational cooperation with the United Kingdom. The organization has been called a soft power extension of UK foreign policy, as well as a tool for propaganda. The British Council is governed by a Royal Charter. It is also a public corporation and an executive non-departmental public body (NDPB), sponsored by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office. Its headquarters are in Stratford, London. Its acting chair is Sarah Sands and its chief executive is Scott McDonald.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council/GREAT
Scholarship to be taken at: Universities in UK (list below)
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of Awards: 210
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: See eligible countries (below).
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2024:
- be a citizen of an eligible country (listed below).
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) program in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
- Meet other specific country eligibility (find out specific eligibility by country on the official scholarship page – link provided below)
The scholarships are available for the following countries – Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam.
Eligible Universities in UK:
The UK Government GREAT Scholarships are hosted at the following institutions, list may be updated at anytime. Please make sure to confirm from scholarship application page.
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Bournemouth University
- Cranfield University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Agricultural University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Teesside University
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Ulster University
- University College London
- University of Bath
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Derby
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Nottingham
- University of Reading
- University of South Wales
- University of Stirling
- University of Warwick
- University of York
SEE ALSO: Oxford-Grace Lake Scholarship 2024
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 UK Government GREAT Scholarships (how to apply):
To apply for the UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2024, the following steps are outlined;
- Filter the universities listed on the ‘find a scholarship’ page and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Application Deadline: Varies according to host university
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.