Hasselt University Masters Scholarship 2024
This scholarship is an opportunity offered to qualified masters candidates from developing countries. This program is sponsored and hosted by Hasselt University. Belgium. The Hasselts University Scholarship offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain a master’s degree in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). Applications are now open.
Hasselt University is a public research university with campuses in Hasselt and Diepenbeek, Belgium. It has more than 7,000 students and 1,700 academic, administrative and technical staff (2023). The university was officially established in 1971 as the Limburg Universitair Centrum (LUC) and changed its name to Hasselt University in 2005. UHasselt is ranked 35th out of 605 in the 2023 Times Higher Education ranking of universities younger than 50 years. In the European Commission’s U-Multirank 2022, UHasselt scores a top ten overall result, with fifteen excellent indicators. Hasselt University has an extensive regional, national and global network, fostering collaboration in education, research and innovation.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars:
- The individual (dealing with the human behavior in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behavior such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments),
- The environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and
- The society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures).
Road safety in this program is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Hasselt University, Belgium
Host Institution(s): Hasselt University, Belgium
Scholarship Worth: See benefits below
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Developing Countries
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Hasselt University Masters Scholarship 2024:
- The maximum age of applicants should be 35 on 1st January 2024
- Only people from the below 31 countries are eligible for a scholarship
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
The holders of the Hasselts University Scholarship will receive holistic support which includes:
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Hasselt University Masters Scholarship (how to apply):
A complete application consists of the following two parts:
- Complete the online pre-registration. Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
- On the STUDY PROGRAM page, choose for the “Master of Transportation Sciences: Traffic Safety (new from 19-20) (incl ICP)“.
- After the HIGHER EDUCATION page, you can proceed to the ICP page where you can select if you wish to apply for an ICP scholarship (if you meet the eligibility criteria).
- Send hard copies of certified degree certificates and academic transcripts as well as a printout of the filled-in ICP application form (to be downloaded from the “ICP” page) by postal mail.
- The ICP application form also contains a checklist of all documents that have to be sent by postal mail.
- All applicants are required to send certified hard copies of higher education (Bachelor, Master, PhD, etc.) diploma certificates as well as transcripts of records thereof by postal mail to Hasselt University.
- If your documents are in a language other than English, French, Dutch or German you need to send certified hard copies of the officially translated documents as well.
- What are certified hard copies? Your Application Is Only Complete And Can Be Processed Once Both Your Online Pre-Registration Is Complete And The Certified Hard Copies Of Your Documents Have Arrived At The Admission’s Office Before The Application Deadline. Applications And Documents Received After This Deadline Will Not Be Taken Into Consideration.
Documents Required for Application
You will be submitting the following while applying for the 2024 Hasselts University Scholarship;
- Passport photo (mandatory for scholarship applicants)
- Secondary/High School Diploma
- Resume (mandatory)
- English language Proficiency (may vary per program)
- Letter of Motivation (mandatory)
- Recommendation Letters (two letters required for scholarship applicants)
- Higher Education Diplomas
- Higher Education Transcript of Records
- Official translations of Diplomas and Transcript of Records
- VLIR-UOS scholarship Application Form (mandatory for ICP scholarship applicants)
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.