United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
Applications for the United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship for the academic year 2024/2025 are now being accepted from qualified candidates from United Nations member States. This program is open to PhD applicants.
This Full Scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified PhD students from United Nations member States. This program is sponsored by The United Nations University. The United Nations University is comprised of the Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) and its School of Governance at Maastricht University (UM). This scholarship is put up through a collaborative efforts of this institutes. This program is aimed at highly intelligent students wishing to study in their university. The scholarship details are outlined, apply now for scholarships.
The United Nations University (UNU) is the think tank and academic arm of the United Nations. Headquartered in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan, with diplomatic status as a UN institution, its mission is to help resolve global issues related to human development and welfare through collaborative research and education. In 1969, UN Secretary-General U Thant proposed “the establishment of a United Nations University, truly international and devoted to the Charter objectives of peace and progress”. Following three annual sessions discussing the matter, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) approved the founding of the United Nations University in December 1972. Tokyo was chosen as the main location due to the Japanese government’s commitment to provide facilities and $100 million to the UNU endowment fund. The United Nations University was formally inaugurated in January 1975 as the world’s first international university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The United Nations University
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: Full scholarship (worth not stated)
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Candidates from United Nations member States
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship 2024:
- A Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including:
– economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- Basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- Proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
SEE ALSO: MTN CHAMPS Program 2023
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship (how to apply):
All applications for the United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship are done online through the link provided.
Application Documents: The following will or may be required during application;
- Certified copies of your certificates and grades and an explanation of the grading system
- Proof of English proficiency
- A motivation letter of 400 – 500 words
- Three letters of recommendation (in English only) by current or former professors or employers
- One-page essay indicating the topic of research interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport
- Passport size photo
- Full information about your present study and/or job
Application Deadline: Application Opens in November
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.