University of Glasgow 2023 James McCune Smith Scholarships in UK
Suitably qualified international students who are looking to undertake a PhD degree program at the University of Glasgow in UK is invited to submit application for the 2023 James McCune Smith Scholarships which funding covers stipend up to £18,022 for 2023/2024 academic session and fees for up to four years.
The James McCune Smith Scholarships is an annual award offered to international students to undertake research at the University in any research discipline in which they can offer supervision. The PhD scholarship offers a stipend up to £18,022 for the 2023/2024 academic year, fees for up to four years and provide an enhanced experience through external mentors, placements, leadership training, community building activities and networking opportunities.
The University of Glasgow is a public research university in Glasgow, Scotland. Founded by papal bull in 1451 and it is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. The university believes so much and is committed to the advancement of its students even to the point of making sure their academic pursuit is not hindered by financial barrier by providing some financial aid programs like the James McCune Smith Scholarships to help fund student’s academic expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): James McCune Smith Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Glasgow in UK
Scholarship Worth: Funding covers stipend up to £18,022 and fees for up to four years
Number of Awards: Ten
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for the University of Glasgow 2023 James McCune Smith Scholarships in UK:
- Applicants must be an international student.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record.
- Applicants must be proficiency in English language both in writing and speaking.
- Applicants must have an offer for a full time degree program at the university.
Method of Application for the University of Glasgow 2023 James McCune Smith Scholarships in UK:
Interested applicants are required to follow the steps below:
- Applicants should look at the research interests of staff at the University to suggest a research area and a supervisor.
- Applicants should submit a completed Expression of Interest form.
- Applicants should ensure to follow all the application process.
- Applicants should submit their personal statement of no less than 500 words on their research interest via the Scholarship Portal.
- Applicants must submit an application on the University’s MyCampus system.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.