Application for the 2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria
Suitably qualified individuals whose solution present a functional user experience to anyone, anywhere, no matter how remote are invited to submit proposals for scalable and sustainable applications for the 2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria which offers an all expense paid trip to Madrid in Spain to success applicants.
The 2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria is an invite for scalable and sustainable proposals that can serve as a reference point for the Nigerian tourism sector. The top 5 proposals will be invited to a physical hackathon at the UNWTO Global Tourism Conference to be held in Lagos, and the overall winners will receive prizes, as well as invitation to startup accelerator programmes, mentorship and other resources to build out their solution and an all expense paid trip to Madrid in Spain. The Tourism Hackathon comes in two stages below and should be submitted before the application deadline:
- Applicants are to join the BYCEP Slack channels on stage 1 to start engaging with fellow builders, creators and Technical administrators.
- Applicants must fill out the Google Form to participate.
Eligibility for the Application of the 2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria:
- Applications proposal should be built on top of flexible platforms, and must aim to provide innovative, safe and sustainable experiences for consumer and business travelers.
- Applicants are expected to build applications that ensure parties in the Nigerian Tourism ecosystem can have user-friendly access and take into consideration Smart integration of information, Multi modal mobility services, Customized route optimization, with Sustainability for continuous improvements in place.
- Applicants solution should present a functional user experience to anyone, anywhere, no matter how remote like low serving areas of low internet penetration and low smartphone adoption.
Prizes for the 2022 Tourism Hackathon Nigeria:
- Cash and in kind prizes
- All expense paid trip to Madrid in Spain to represent Nigeria at the UNWTO Innovation Challenge
- Acceptance into Acceleration program
- Access to follow-up funding from BYCEP and partners
- Mentorship from BYCEP and partners
- Access to partner companies looking to hire developers
- Access to partner companies with project managers with experience building or managing Enterprise applications
Application Deadline: November 4, 2022.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.