Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships 2024
The Association of Commonwealth Universities is pleased to offer Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships application to interested and qualified candidates who intend to enroll in masters and PhD degree programs for the 2024/2025 academic session.
This Full Funding scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified masters and PhD candidates. This program is sponsored by The Association of Commonwealth Universities and hosted by Participating Institutions. The Ocean Country Partnership Programme (OCPP) Scholarships, funded through the UK’s Blue Planet Fund, offer a unique opportunity for students from eligible countries to undertake a fully funded Master’s or PhD in marine science. This program is aimed to support scientific research that will contribute to the conservation and sustainable management of marine resources.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is a charitable organization that was established in 1913, and has over 500 member institutions in over 50 countries across the Commonwealth. The ACU is the world’s oldest international network of universities. Its mission is to promote and support excellence in higher education for the benefit of individuals and societies throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. It has a combined population of 3 billion, mainly under the age of 30, in Commonwealth countries. Drawing on the collective experience and expertise, the ACU seeks to address issues in international higher education through a range of projects, networks, and events. The ACU administers scholarships, provides academic research and leadership on issues in the sector, and promotes inter-university cooperation and the sharing of good practice, helping universities serve their communities. The Association of Commonwealth Universities is governed by its member institutions through an elected Council. As the ACU is a UK-registered charity, Council members also act as its Trustees. The ACU Council comprises up to 23 members: 20 elected Council members, up to two co-opted Council members and, if the Honorary Treasurer is co-opted rather than elected, the Honorary Treasurer.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Association of Commonwealth Universities
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Participating Institutions
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: See eligible countries (below)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants for Master’s should be citizens of, and normally resident in the eligible countries.
- Applications will be accepted for masters or PhD study from citizens of eligible countries.
- Should be working in or have significant experience of work in the areas of marine pollution, sustainable seafood and marine biodiversity.
- Should hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s-level degree. Should propose a research topic which is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to clearly demonstrated wider impact beyond the academic community.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the host University.
- Ghana, South Pacific countries, India, Bangladesh, Belize, Maldives.
- Tuition fees (including general fees and health fees)
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Travel grant (case by case basis)
- Dependent, disability and maternity costs (case by case basis).
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Ocean Country Partnership Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Ocean Country Partnership Programme Scholarships 2024 are to complete their application online. Applicants are to read all of the application guidance provided carefully, before starting their application, and then complete all questions in full.
Application Deadline: 28 November 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.