United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals 2023
Applications are invited from suitably qualified students from across the globe for the United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals 2023/2024. This program is eligible for Graduates.
This internship program is organized by United Nations and is located in Vienna, Austria. United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. This program is aimed at seeking for young, dynamic and highly motivated individuals who have a dream to be of service to others through an international organization with such a mandate and is open to Graduates students world wide.
The United Nations (or the UN), particularly informally also referred to as the United Nations Organization (or the UNO), is an intergovernmental organization whose stated purposes are to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations amongst nations, achieve international co-operation, and be a center for harmonizing the actions of nations. It is the world’s largest and most familiar international organization. The UN is headquartered on international territory in New York City, and has other main offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Vienna, and The Hague (home to the International Court of Justice). The UN was established after World War II with the aim of preventing future world wars, succeeding the League of Nations, which was characterized as ineffective
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that assists countries in economic and industrial development. It is headquartered at the UN Office in Vienna, Austria, with a permanent presence in over 60 countries. Founded in November 17 1966.
SEE ALSO: Microsoft Account Management Internship Program 2023
The Young Professional is expected to: (a) deliver work requiring basic conceptual comprehension; (b) assist in creating an enabling environment for supportive exposure and growth; (c) assist in building relationships which contribute to information acquisition and (d) achieve results that provide basic substantive baselines.
These are various industrial development opportunities at United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO):
- Young Professional – Focus on Energy, Engineering and/or Environmental Science
- Young Professional – Focus on Economics
- Young Professional – Focus on Resource Efficiency, Circular Economy and/or Environmental Science
- Young Professional – Focus on Engineering, Economics and/or Environmental Management
- Young Professional – Focus on Environmental
Company/Organisation(s): United Nations
Program Location: Vienna, Austria
Program Duration: Staff-Full-time
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduates
Nationality: All nationalities
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals 2023:
- Applicants must have Advanced university degree in Energy, Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, Finance or other field relevant to UNIDO’s mandate is required
- Applicants shall not be more than 30 years of age at the time of their application
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional work experience is required. Work experience including practical application of the context of technical cooperation activities is desirable
- Knowledge of intergovernmental affairs and inter agency cooperation on sustainable development and climate change issues gained through studies or through work in the public or private sector is required;
- Experience in evaluating the needs, conditions and problems in developing countries is desirable.
- Fluency in English and excellent drafting skills are required. Working knowledge of other official language(s) of the United Nations an asset.
- While technical qualifications remain the priority, UNIDO would also like to improve the diversity of our workforce and therefore welcomes for this position, female candidates from the following countries: Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Costa Rica, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Iraq, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Luxembourg, Malawi, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Federated States of Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Qatar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and Yemen.
SEE ALSO: Monash University Graduates Research Internships 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals (how to apply):
To apply for the United Nations Career Opportunities for Young Professionals should pleased Visit the UNIDO web site for details on how to apply: www.unido.org.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
For more information about this opportunity,Visit the Official Website.