UNHCR Internships 2023/2024 Program For Young Graduates
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is delighted to welcome outstanding and qualified students from across the globe for the UNHCR Internships 2023/2024 academic session. This program is eligible to Students & Recent Graduates.
This internship opportunities is organized by UNHCR and it has various locations. This opportunity is open to talented, motivated and passionate individuals from around the world who bring knowledge, innovative thinking and different ideas to enhance the organization’s capacity to support people forced to flee. UNHCR’s Internship Program offers eligible students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain experience in the humanitarian sector in line with their academic program and future career aspirations.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is a United Nations agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. UNHCR was created in 1950 to address the refugee crisis that resulted from World War II. The 1951 Refugee Convention established the scope and legal framework of the agency’s work, which initially focused on Europeans uprooted by the war. Beginning in the late 1950s, displacement caused by other conflicts, from the Hungarian Uprising to the decolonization of Africa and Asia, broadened the scope of UNHCR’s operations.
Program Type: Internship Opportunities
Program Location: Various
Program Duration: 2 – 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Students & Recent Graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for UNHCR Internships 2023:
- Applicant must be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school program from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO;
- Applicant must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to, or of interest to, the work of the organization; and
- Applicant must not have immediate relatives (father, mother, brother, or sister) working for UNHCR as a staff member on any contract type or as an affiliate at the time of application.
- Note: Recent graduates are considered to be candidates who completed their studies within two years of applying for an internship with UNHCR
- Covers costs related to food, local transportation and living expenses
- Covers return travel costs to/from the duty station, if need be
- Supports intern’s visa application procedures, except cost
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 UNHCR Internships (how to apply):
New internship opportunities are regularly added on the main UNHCR recruitment platform. Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the platform. You will be required to create an account in the recruitment platform and then apply for roles they suit your profile.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.