AfCFTA Internship Program in Finance and Accounting 2024
For the 2024/2025 session, the AfCFTA Internship Program in Finance and Accounting is accepting applications from appropriately qualified African students who have the necessary knowledge and abilities in pertinent fields. By working as interns, these students will receive some real-world experience and exposure to other cultures. Applications for this program are welcome from undergraduates.
This internship program is organized by African Union and is located in Ghana. This program is an opportunity awarded to qualified African undergraduate candidates. The AfCFTA Internship is aimed at creating a platform for a number of African students, possessing the required knowledge and skill levels to be introduced to the work of the AfCFTA, through an internship program.
The African Union (AU) is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa. The AU was announced in the Sirte Declaration in Sirte, Libya, on 9 September 1999, calling for the establishment of the African Union. The bloc was founded on 26 May 2001 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and launched on 9 July 2002 in Durban, South Africa. The intention of the AU was to replace the Organization of African Unity (OAU), established on 25 May 1963 in Addis Ababa by 32 signatory governments; the OAU was disbanded on 9 July 2002. The most important decisions of the AU are made by the Assembly of the African Union, a semi-annual meeting of the heads of state and government of its member states. The AU’s secretariat, the African Union Commission, is based in Addis Ababa. The largest city in the AU is Lagos, Nigeria, while the largest urban agglomeration is Cairo, Egypt. The African Union has more than 1.3 billion people and an area of around 30 million km2 (12 million sq mi) and includes world landmarks, such as the Sahara and the Nile. The primary working languages are Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swahili.Within the African Union, there are official bodies, such as the Peace and Security Council and the Pan-African Parliament.
Company/Organisation(s): African Union
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Ghana
Program Duration: 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: African Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for AfCFTA Internship Program in Finance and Accounting 2024:
- Applicants must be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Audit or related fields.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- To provide students the opportunity to gain an exposure to the work done at AfCFTA
- To offer a learning platform to students who qualify to serve as interns
- To provide students, the opportunity of experiencing, first hand, the work of one of the ambitious projects of the African Union
- To promote the AfCFTA to the general public, especially the youth and encourage them to work hard towards achieving their aims of working with International Organizations.
SEE ALSO: African Union Internship program 2023
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 AfCFTA Internship Program in Finance and Accounting (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the AfCFTA Internship Program are to complete an online application and provide all the required supporting documents by the application deadline.
First-time user of the online registration system, will need to register before they can log in. Applicants are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
- A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of valid passport or identity card
- A letter of motivation
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrollment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.