Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science 2023
Suitably qualified African students who are looking to pursue their postgraduate degree program in Africa but do not know how to fund their study expenses are invited to submit application for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science 2023/2024 academic year.
This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for postgraduates students that covers the general expenses of qualified candidates. This program is sponsored by Quantum Leap Africa. The doctoral training program as established by AIMS will provide emerging African scientists the opportunity to conduct research at the forefront of data science, and work towards a PhD degree within a high-quality training program in Africa, in cooperation with institutions internationally.
Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) was created by the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) to catalyze top quality high impact research in data science, smart systems engineering and drive the future IT revolution through quantum information. It is also mandated to train the next generation of innovators in information science and technology.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Quantum Leap Africa
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Seven
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science 2023:
- Master’s degree (completed by Sept 2023) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or other relevant fields;
- Sufficient theoretical foundations evidenced by prior work (courses/thesis/other training);
- Qualification for pursuing research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming expertise;
- Research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities;
- Motivation for pursuing a PhD by research in the suggested topic;
- Being an African national.
- Fully Funded (Stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation costs, conference attendance, direct cost to graduating institution such as tuition fees and registration fees.
- International supervisions teams from well-known research institutions.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science (how to apply):
Interested candidates for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2023 are to complete an online application and submit on or before the application deadline. Applicants are to note that the application process is in two phases. Phase 1 is the application and submission of all relevant documents and Phase 2 is the invitation phase where successful applicants in phase 1 will be invited to round 2 of the selection process.
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover the content mentioned in this template that applies to your case).
- Transcripts (Please submit your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant.)
Application Deadline: 14th April 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.