African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) wishes to announce the commencement of the 2023/2024 AERC Scholarships for applicants from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries. This program is eligible to PhD students.
This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for PhD students. The aim of the scholarship is to sustain the development in sub-Saharan Africa by training locally based professionals in economics through provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training. This program is sponsored by AERC and hosted by Participating universities in Africa.
SEE ALSO: AAU International Fellowships 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): AERC
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Host Institution(s): Participating universities in Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023:
- Have applied and been admitted to any of the participating universities.
- Have obtained at least a Second Class Honors (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university.
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics.
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Program alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
SEE ALSO: Ferguson Scholarship 2023 at Aston University
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 African Economic Research Consortium Scholarships 2023 (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships are to submit their applications for admission directly to the respective universities (application procedure can be obtained from the respective university’s website). Upon receipt of an admission letter from a specific university, applicants shall upload the following documents on to the AERC scholarship portal:
- Application cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Evidence of admission at any of the participating universities
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.