AAU International Fellowships 2023
Applications are hereby invited from eligible and international candidates for AAU International Fellowships 2023/2024 session in the United States. This program is open to Graduates and Postgraduates candidates.
This fellowship is partially funded and an offer of $20,000 – $50,000 is awarded to qualified international Graduates and Postgraduates students. This program is hosted by Institutions of learning in the United States and sponsored by AAU International. This program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career. This Fellowship is selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
International Fellowships have been in existence since 1917. A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates). Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
Recipients return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts or scientific fields.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): AAU International
Host Institution(s): Institutions of learning in the United States
Fellowship Worth: $20,000 – $50,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates and Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for AAU International Fellowships 2023:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components (see below), which include certain English proficiency exams, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written statement verifying English is the applicant’s native language. Applicants planning to take one of the accepted English proficiency exams should plan for and take the test as early as possible. Please direct questions about the tests to the test provider.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2023, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc. Certificates, associate degrees, and undergraduate degrees are ineligible.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees classified as research degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2023; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program but must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
Applicants for AAU International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students will receive the following fellowship funds:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
- Educational expenses
- Living expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars that does not exceed 10% of the fellowship total.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 AAU International Fellowships (how to apply):
For questions or technical support from ISTS, our technical consultant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter AAUW-IF if the website prompts you for a program key. We encourage applicants not to opt out of communications from ISTS, to ensure you receive important communications from AAUW.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.