IREX Community Solutions Program 2024
Applications are invited from interested candidates from across the globe for the IREX Community Solutions Program 2024/2025 session. This program is eligible to graduates.
This program is organized by IREX and located in USA. The program comprises a four-month fellowship in the United States where candidates will complete hands-on professional experience and leadership training to enhance managerial and leadership skills. This program is a professional leadership development program for people who are working to improve their communities. This program is open to graduates.
The International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) is an international, nonprofit organization that specializes in global education and development. IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries. IREX was established in 1968 by the American Council of Learned Societies, the Ford Foundation, the Social Science Research Council, and the US Department of State. IREX conducted scholarly exchanges between the US and the Soviet Union until the fall of the Iron Curtain. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, IREX implemented projects to support democratic reforms and strengthen organizations. IREX administered programs to conduct educational exchanges, strengthen civil society in developing countries, increase internet access, and provide training and support to journalists and media organizations.
The program aims to develop the leadership potentials of individuals working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender. The program will afford the candidate the opportunity to design and plan a community development initiative or project to carry out after they return home and lots of other opportunities. The program comes with financial support to assist the successful candidates.
The program covers the cost of expenses to include:
- J-1 visa support Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S.
- Accident and sickness health coverage.
- Accessibility accommodations, such as ADA accessible rooms for in-person training, software such as JAWS, and community assistance and community training.
Program Location: USA
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates
Nationality: All Nationality
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for IREX Community Solutions Program 2024:
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 38 as of January 1, 2024
- Citizen of an eligible country.
- Living and working in your home country. Individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration.
- Possess at least two years of experience working in community development, either as a full-time or part-time employee or volunteer.
- Possess high level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Not currently participating in an academic, training, or research program in the U.S.
- Available to travel to the U.S. for four months from August to December 2024.
- Not a citizen or permanent resident within the past three years.
- Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
- Committed to return to your home country for a minimum of two years after program completion.
- Not currently an IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member.
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank/Palestinian Territories
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 IREX Community Solutions Program (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the IREX Community Solutions Program 2024 should only submit an online application on or before the application deadline. Applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to IREX will not be accepted. Only direct further questions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.