Imperial College London Engineering PhD Scholarships 2024
This scholarship is a opportunity that offers Full Tuition Support & Allowances to qualified domestic and international PhD candidates. This program is sponsored and hosted by Imperial College London, UK. The scholarships are highly competitive and cover full tuition fee waiver. The tuition scholarship consists of Home/Overseas tuition fee waivers for 3 years, Bursary (at UKRI rate + London allowance of £2,000 for 3.5 years) and a Total allowance of £700 towards conferences and travel.
Imperial College London (sometimes known simply as Imperial) is a public research university in London, England. Its history began with Prince Albert, consort of Queen Victoria, who developed his vision for a cultural area that included the Royal Albert Hall, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Natural History Museum and several royal colleges. In 1907, Imperial College London was established by royal charter, unifying the Royal College of Science, the Royal School of Mines and the City and Guilds of London Institute. In 1988, the Imperial College School of Medicine was formed by merging with St Mary’s Hospital Medical School. In 2004, Queen Elizabeth II opened the Imperial College Business School. Imperial College London focuses on science, engineering, business, and medicine. The main campus is in South Kensington, where most teaching and research takes place. A second campus in White City provides a platform for innovation and entrepreneurship.
PhD supervisors can nominate a limited number of their top applicants for funding. Funding decisions are made by the EEE department’s Awards Panel Committee. Applicants who apply earlier (i.e. by October for the following October), are more likely to be nominated for this funding as the process is highly competitive. Applicants will be contacted if they have been awarded this funding.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Imperial College London, UK
Host Institution(s): Imperial College London, UK
Scholarship Worth: Full Tuition Support & Allowances
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility and Criteria for Imperial College London Engineering PhD Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible for consideration for this prestigious academic scholarship.
- Eligible applicants do not apply directly for this scholarship – if they have been made a PhD offer by the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, an application can be put forward by their supervisor.
- Applicants must have a Masters degree in relevant subjects.
- Based on academic merit.
- Candidates must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- Applicants may not hold any other scholarship at the same time.
The benefits of the Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships include;
- Full fee Scholarship consists of Home/Overseas tuition fees for 3 years,
- Bursary (at UKRI rate + London allowance of £2,000 for 3.5 years) and
- A Total allowance of £700 towards conferences and travel.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Imperial College London Engineering PhD Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering PhD Scholarships are nominated for funding initially by the potential PhD supervisors, after the offer of a PhD place, and funding decisions are made by the Awards Panel Committee. The Awards Panel also decides on nominations for other funding schemes e.g. President’s Scholarship which are centrally managed by the College.
Application Deadline: October 31
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.