International English Scholarships 2024 at University of Ottawa
This scholarship is an opportunity that offers different amount by place of origin to qualified international undergraduate candidates. This program is sponsored and hosted by University of Ottawa, Canada. The University of Ottawa is proud of its internationally diverse student body. As a result, beginning in the fall 2024 term, international students from these countries will benefit from significant reductions in their tuition fees when they study in one of the eligible undergraduate programs offered in English.
The University of Ottawa often referred to as uOttawa or U of O, is a bilingual public research university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The main campus is located on 42.5 hectares (105 acres) directly to the northeast of Downtown Ottawa across the Rideau Canal in the Sandy Hill neighborhood. The University of Ottawa was first established as the College of Bytown in 1848 by the first bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. Placed under the direction of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, it was renamed the College of Ottawa in 1861 and received university status five years later through a royal charter. On 5 February 1889, the university was granted a pontifical charter by Pope Leo XIII, elevating the institution to a pontifical university. The university was reorganized on July 1, 1965, as a corporation, independent from any outside body or religious organization. As a result, the civil and pontifical charters were kept by the newly created Saint Paul University, federated with the university. The remaining civil faculties were retained by the reorganized university. The University of Ottawa is the largest English-French bilingual university in the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Ottawa, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Ottawa, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Amount differs by place of origin
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate Students
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for International English Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any country in Africa or one of the countries listed
- Applicants must be newly admitted in the fall 2024 term in one of the eligible undergraduate programs offered in English in one of the faculties listed
- Applicants must not enroll in the French immersion stream
- Applicants must have a valid study permit when classes start
- Applicants must be enrolled full time.
- Students from Africa, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia or Vietnam will automatically be eligible for an Entrance or Excellence renewable, average-based scholarship when they enroll in an eligible undergraduate program offered in English. Students from China or South Korea will be considered for Excellence scholarships in those same programs.
Note: Canadian citizens with dual citizenship (Canada and another country) are not eligible since they already qualify for Canadian tuition rates.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 International English Scholarships (how to apply):
You can apply for the International English Scholarships at University of Ottawa or any scholarship and bursaries as soon as you have applied to the University of Ottawa and have received your uoAccess ID and password.
- All scholarships and bursaries applications must be submitted online, using Online Scholarships and Bursariesnorth_eastexternal link. Application forms are usually available two months before the application deadline.
- Read all the requirements carefully before applying.
- Upload all required documents in Online Scholarships and Bursaries and submit your application.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.