Equity and Merit International Scholarships 2023 at University of Manchester
Applications are hereby invited from outstanding and international students for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Scholarships to study at the University of Manchester.This program is open to Master candidates who wish to study in UK.
This scholarship is fully funded for qualified Masters candidates. This awards are intended for those who cannot afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and all applications are considered on their merit. We particularly encourage women to apply. This program is hosted and sponsored by the University of Manchester, UK. Equity and Merit Scholarships are for academically excellent students who have the potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in their home countries.
The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England. The main campus is south of Manchester City Center on Oxford Road. The university owns and operates major cultural assets such as the Manchester Museum, The Whitworth art gallery, the John Rylands Library, the Tabley House Collection and the Jodrell Bank Observatory – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The University of Manchester is considered a red brick university, a product of the civic university movement of the late 19th century. The current University of Manchester was formed in 2004 following the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) and the Victoria University of Manchester. This followed a century of the two institutions working closely with one another.
SEE ALSO: East African Masters Scholarships 2023 at University of Edinburgh
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals set the direction toward a better, more sustainable future for all. Our Equity and Merit Scholarships aim to empower young professionals in the Global South to deliver solutions to meet these interlinked goals.
We offer two types of scholarship:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration).
- Part-time, distance learning master’s (three to five years duration).
There are 39 scholarships (29 for full-time study and ten for online study) available for a range of courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law. The scheme is open to applicants from Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses and visas.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Equity and Merit International Scholarships 2023:
- Applicants to be a resident citizen of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe, and have not previously studied outside of Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- Applicants must be at least two years of professional experience related to your chosen field of study (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (you must have graduated before September 2021) with an overall excellent grade. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- Applicants to be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of your home country;
- Applicants must have a clear idea of how studying at Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
SEE ALSO: Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 for International Masters Students
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Equity and Merit International Scholarships (how to apply):
Interested and eligible applicants seeking for Equity and Merit Scholarships for International Master’s Students should please submit application online starting on 1 August 2023 for September 2024 entry.
We will be in touch with all applicants for 2023 entry as soon as we have completed shortlisting.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.