Ghent University Special Research Fund Scholarships 2024
The 2024/2025 Ghent University Special Research Fund Scholarship application period is currently open. It is urged that deserving and qualified PhD candidates from developing nations seek for the chance to study in the UK.
This Fully Funded Scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified PhD candidates from developing countries. This program is sponsored by Ghent University (Special Research Fund) and is to be taken at Ghent University. The scholarship seeks to support promising doctoral candidates who wish to carry out part of his/her doctoral research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country with funding from ‘Special Research Fund’ (BOF).
Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. Located in Flanders, Ghent University is one of the largest Belgian universities, consisting of 44,000 students and 9,000 staff members. The university also supports the Ghent University Library (including the famous Boekentoren) and the Ghent University Hospital, which is one of the biggest hospitals in Belgium. In addition to satellite campuses elsewhere in Flanders and a Global Campus in Songdo, South Korea, Ghent University maintains many inter-university partnerships and programs both inside and outside of Europe. Established before the state of Belgium itself, the university was founded by the Dutch King William I in 1817, when the region was incorporated into the United Kingdom of the Netherlands after the fall of First French Empire. In that same year, he founded two other universities for the southern provinces as well, alongside Ghent University: University of Liège and State University of Leuven.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Ghent University (Special Research Fund)
Scholarships to be taken at: Ghent University
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: Developing Countries.
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Ghent University Special Research Fund Scholarships 2024:
- Applicants must be international student from developing countries
- Applications must be submitted on the application forms provided for this purpose which will be assessed by the Research council.
- Applicants are to note that the scholarship is highly competitive and the applicants will be selected based on their Bachelor and Master degree results.
- Applicants will also be assessed by their doctoral project, relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building.
- The scientific and scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s); the partnership between Ghent University and the Local Institutes as well as the scientific/ scholarly disposition of the local institute.
- The qualification of the applicants
- The relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building
- The doctoral project
- Scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s)
- PhD scholarship at Ghent University (in total 24 months)
- The Ghent University receives a bench fee of € 310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs of research.
SEE ALSO: IMF Economist Program 2024
Application Procedure for the 2024/2025 Ghent University Special Research Fund Scholarships (how to apply):
- Applicants must submit application form electronically via e-mail to BOFapplication@ugent.be
- Applicant’s Ghent University supervisor must submit an advice on the candidate, stating the supervisor’s opinion on the capability of the candidate as a future researcher. Also to be submitted is an advice on the ethical and biosafety context of the proposed research project.
Application Deadline: 20 February 2024
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.