Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 at University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is delighted to welcome applicants for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 from across the globe who wish to study in the UK. Students wishing to enroll for postgraduates programs in the United Kingdom can take advantage of this opportunity.
The study program is open to PhD students who have financial difficulties in achieving a degree program in the country. The scholarship scheme is a fully funded opportunity that covers the full tuition fees and hosted by the Faculty of Science and Engineering. The package includes an annual stipend up to £1000 and other allowances as a form of support to successful applicants throughout the duration of their academic session.
These scholarships are open to all nationalities and across all research areas, and will be of interest to students of the highest calibre who have the commitment and desire to work on challenging research projects in a world leading research environment.
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Aerospace Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Coatings and Ceramics, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Fashion Management and Marketing, Imaging and Characterization, Management of Projects in Engineering, Materials, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Corrosion, Nano and Functional Materials, Petroleum Engineering, Physics and Astronomy, Polymers and Composites, Textiles and Apparel.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023/2024:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants must hold an offer to start a PhD program in September 2022. Candidates who do not yet have an academic offer should get in touch with Faculty admissions team to discuss how to best progress a PhD application in time for the funding deadline. See `useful links’ for contacts.
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a first class honors undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent)
- Applicants must meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
The scholarship is a fully funded award and includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
Application Procedure for the 2023/2024 Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria for this scholarship opportunity must follow the below steps:
- Your supervisor will nominate you for consideration by the Faculty and in order to be considered
- you must hold an offer for a place on one of our PhD program.
However, it’s advisable to first obtain a PhD program of your choice in the institution and specify in the funding section of your application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages as well as information on how to apply for PhD programm.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023
For more information on about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.