DAAD AgEcon Scholarships 2024 at University Of Hohenheim
The University of Hohenheim is pleased to offer DAAD AgEcon Scholarships application to interested and qualified candidates from developing countries who intend to enroll in Masters and PhD degree programs at the University for the 2024/2025 academic session.
This Fully Funded scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified Masters and PhD students from developing countries. This program is sponsored and hosted by University of Hohenheim, Germany. DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarship recipients will have their tuition fees waived for the 2 years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program, and they will receive health insurance, a monthly living stipend, travel costs to Germany and back as well as for research (see EPOS webpage for details and extras). Furthermore, an integral part of the DAAD EPOS initiative is an intensive German language course from August to September at a language center in Germany, prior to starting the Master’s program.
The University of Hohenheim is a campus university located in the south of Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1818, it is Stuttgart’s oldest university. Its primary areas of specialization had traditionally been agricultural and natural sciences. Today, however, the majority of its students are enrolled in one of the many study programs offered by the faculty of business, economics and social sciences. The faculty has regularly been ranked among the best in the country, making the University of Hohenheim one of Germany’s top-tier universities in these fields. The university maintains academic alliances with a number of partner universities and is involved in numerous joint research projects.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Hohenheim, Germany
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): University of Hohenheim, Germany
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Not specified
Nationality: Developing Countries
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for DAAD AgEcon Scholarships 2024:
- Citizen of a developing country
- Minimum 2 years professional experience post Bachelor’s, prior to the date of applying
Note that employment in academia, like teaching and research at a university or research institute, is not considered relevant work experience for this initiative; only in very exceptional cases can it be accepted.
- Academic degrees should be less than 6 years old
- Development-related motivations and intentions
- Must not have resided in Germany for longer than 15 months by the application deadline
DAAD scholars will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 750 over the two-year AgEcon Scholarships program period and will do a two-months intensive German language course before the program starts. The German language course is an integral part of the DAAD initiative. It takes place in the months of August and September at the Language Center of the University of Hohenheim.
Scholarship applicants must also fulfill the basic requirements for the Master’s program:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject with above-average results
- Official proof English proficiency as detailed in the admission regulations (see below) e.g. IELTS academic (overall Band 6.5), TOEFL ibt (90).
Note: A language proficiency certificate from your university is NOT SUFFICIENT!
Even if you have studied in English during your entire university career (as e.g. in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, etc. …) you have to present the result of an official English test!
There are no exceptions.
- Proof of undergraduate courses in statistics and economics
- Proof of self-evaluation through the AgEcon PreTest
Detailed admission regulations are available for download: official (in German); for reference (in English).
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 DAAD AgEcon Scholarships (how to apply):
Documents Required for Application
- Checklist of all required DAAD application documents, physically signed and dated
- DAAD Application Form, physically signed and dated
- Up-to-date CV (europass), physically signed and dated
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages), physically signed and dated
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
For More Information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.