University Winter Courses 2023
Applications for University Winter Courses for the academic year 2023/2024 are now being accepted from eligible international students. Candidates for the Undergraduate & Postgraduate are eligible for this program.
This Partial Funding scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified international Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. This program is sponsored by DAAD and hosted by German institutions. The program funds attendance of language and regional studies courses that are offered by state or state-recognized German universities and by affiliated language schools. The program aims to help improve the candidate’s knowledge of German language as well as German regional and cultural studies.
DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German students, doctoral students, and scholars for studies and research abroad. With an annual budget of 522 million Euros and supporting approximately 140.000 individuals world-wide, the DAAD is in fact the largest such academic grant organization worldwide. The organization was founded on 1 January 1925 but closed down in 1945, only to be re-founded again in 1950.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Host Institution(s): German institutions
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for University Winter Courses 2023:
- Applications are open to students and graduates as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two academic years when the scholarship period starts.
- Students in the last year of a study program are eligible to apply if they continue their studies in a postgraduate study program shortly after completing their undergraduate degree. Please submit a letter of confirmation from your university as proof.
- One-time scholarship payment of 2,151 euros
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 University Winter Courses (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the University Winter Courses for Foreign Students are to complete their applications online through the DAAD Portal and provide all the required information and documents.
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German)
- Letter of motivation (in German)
- For undergraduate students: Copy of school leaving certificate with grades (with German or English translation)
- For graduate students and doctoral candidates: Copy of the last university degree certificate (with German or English translation)
- Proof of credits for all university examinations (with final grades) incl. explanation of grading systems (with German or English) translation
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable)
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application (e.g. proof of placements, certificates of employment).
Application Deadline: 15 August 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.