WISE Scholarship Program 2023 at Hokkaido University
Hokkaido University is delighted to welcome applications from suitable international students for the WISE Scholarship Program 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to Postgraduate candidates who wish to further their degree in Japan.
The scholarship program is open to Postgraduate students who have financial difficulties in achieving a degree program in the country. The scholarship scheme is a partially funded opportunity that offers a Tuition fee and stipend of 145,000 YEN to qualified students. This program is hosted and sponsored by Hokkaido University, Japan. The scholarship program aims to develop, through research experience on leading-edge life sciences, problem-solving abilities based on veterinary medicine and the ability to conduct international activities for new discoveries related to life phenomena and drug development.
Hokkaido University, or Hokudai, is a Japanese national university in Sapporo, Hokkaido. It was the fifth Imperial University in Japan, which were established to be the nation’s finest institutions of higher education or research. Hokkaido University is considered one of the top universities in Japan and was ranked 5th in THE Japan University Rankings. It was also selected as a “Top Type” university by the Japanese government’s Top Global University Project. The main campus is located in downtown Sapporo, just north of Sapporo Station, and stretches approximately 2.4 kilometers northward. It was founded in September 1876, Chartered April 1, 1918.
SEE ALSO: Wien International Scholarship Program (WISP) 2023
The School of Veterinary Medicine has set degree conferral standards that ensure the specific abilities required of ideal veterinarians in the Cooperative Veterinary Education Program, VetNorth Japan, which is jointly offered by the Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, and grants a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine to students who have developed the requisite abilities and acquired the necessary credits.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Hokkaido University, Japan
Host Institution(s): Hokkaido University, Japan
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee and stipend of 145,000 YEN
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for WISE Scholarship Program 2023:
- Interested applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be international student.
- An understanding of standards of conduct that are based on the logic and ethics needed for veterinarians in their duties
- Proficient knowledge and skills on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of animal diseases, as well as on the maintenance and improvement of animal health and public health.
- The international perspectives, expertise and specialized skills necessary to contribute to the solving of global issues such as food supply stability, the hygienic management of livestock animals, the safety of livestock products, and the control of zoonosis.
- Through research experience on leading-edge life sciences, problem-solving abilities based on veterinary medicine and the ability to conduct international activities for new discoveries related to life phenomena and drug development.
Successful applicants for Hokkaido University WISE Scholarship Program will receive the following benefits;
- Free enrollment fee
- Free examination fee
- Tuition fee exempted and a
- Stipend allowance of 145,000 YEN per month
SEE ALSO: Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Scholarships 2023
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 WISE Scholarship Program (how to apply):
Interested candidates for WISE Scholarship Program at Hokkaido University are required to enrolled and accepted in the Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine or Graduate School of Infectious Diseases, thereafter proceed to forward the following documents to through the email- email@example.com. You should refer to the guideline and instructions to guide you through the application.
- Curriculum vitae
- Documents for the applicant qualification screening
- Research plan
- Career plan after graduation from the Graduate School
- Evaluation report from the expected supervisor
- Report on scientific and academic activities
- Two letters of recommendation to the President of Hokkaido University
- Short essay of approximately 1,200 words
- English proficiency
- Medical certificate
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.