Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2023 at Griffith University
The Vice Chancellor’s overseas Scholarship is available to excellent overseas students applying to Griffith University‘s undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degree programs for the academic year 2023–2024.
This scholarship covers 50% tuition fees of international undergraduate or postgraduate candidates only for the duration of the program on meeting the ongoing enrollment requirements. To receive the Scholarship, you will need to accept both your program offer and the scholarship by the deadline. This program is sponsored and hosted by Griffith University, Australia.
Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Founded in 1971, Griffith was opened in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian Studies. The university has five campuses in Gold Coast, Nathan, Logan, South Bank, and Mt Gravatt regions.The university was named after Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice Premier of Queensland and the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia. Sir Samuel Griffith played a major role in the Federation of Australia and was the principal author of the Australian constitution. Griffith University is one of Australia’s leading universities and is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs across a range of disciplines, including business, law, science, health, education, engineering, and the arts. According to the 2021 Student Experience Survey, it has the ninth-highest student satisfaction rating among all Australian universities and, since 2012, has received more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other Australian university. It’s alumni and academic staff includes distinguished figures such as 2017 Australian of the Year Emeritus Professor Alan Mackay-Sim and the 2021 Queensland Australian of the Year Dinesh Palipana
SEE ALSO: Deakin University HDR Scholarships 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Griffith University, Australia
Host Institution(s): Griffith University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: 50% tuition fees
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2023:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have a minimum GPA in previous studies of 6.0 or above on a 7 point scale or equivalent.
- Have received an offer to study at Griffith by the scholarship application closing date.
- Satisfy all academic and English language entry requirements for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program.
- Be a full-time student starting in 2024, 2025 or 2026.
- Students must be enrolled full-time, making progress in their studies, meet the requirements of their program of study and meet their student visa requirements to receive and maintain the scholarship, unless credit prevents full-time enrollment.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses for each trimester of their studies and successfully progress on to enroll in the next trimester. A minimum cumulative GPA of 5.5 on a 7.0 point grading scale must be maintained annually to qualify for the following year tuition fee deductions. Cumulative GPA is GPA accumulated for grades awarded to the student across all terms in their student program. The cumulative GPA will be reviewed at the end of Trimester 2 for students who commence in Trimester 1 and the end of Trimester 1 for students who commence in Trimester 2 or Trimester 3.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued by Griffith International Admissions.
SEE ALSO: Government of Japan JET Programme 2024
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship (how to apply):
To be part of this opportunity, interested applicants should follow these steps to apply:
- Apply to study an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Griffith University.
- Once you have your Letter of Offer, apply for the scholarship by the closing date (see below). You will need to include academic records and a personal statement.
- If you meet all the eligibility requirements, a University panel will review your application.
- We will let you know the outcome of your application.
Application Deadline: December 02, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.