Government of Japan JET Programme 2024
Applications are now open for Government of Japan JET Programme 2024/2025 sessison for students across the globe. This program is eligible to graduate candidates.
This internship program is organized by Government of Japan and is located in Japan. The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program seeks to enhance internationalization in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between the people of Japan and those of other nations. The Program aims to enhance foreign language education and promote international exchange at the local level through the fostering of ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth alike. This program is open to graduates.
SEE ALSO: IREX Community Solutions Program 2024
Program Sponsor (s): Government of Japan
Program Location: Japan
Program Duration: One year
Basic Qualification: Graduate qualifications
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Government of Japan JET Programme 2024:
- The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program started in 1987 with cooperation from governments of participating countries. In 2019, there were 5,761 participants on the Program from 57 countries.
- The objectives of the Program are being achieved by offering JET Program participants the opportunity to serve in local authorities as well as public and private elementary, junior high, and senior high schools in Japan.
- The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program is implemented by local authorities and other organizations who appoint Participants in cooperation with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), and the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR).
Available Positions and Duties:
Participants engaged in language instruction. ALTs are placed mainly in local boards of education, elementary, junior high, and senior high schools. Some of the positions include;
- Assistance in foreign language classes, etc. taught in elementary, junior high and senior high schools.
- Assistance in foreign language activities, etc. in elementary schools.
- Assistance in preparation of materials for teaching a foreign language.
- Assistance in language training for teachers of a foreign language, etc.
- Cooperation in extracurricular activities and club activities (see Note 1).
- Provision of information on language and other related subjects for people such as teachers’ consultants and foreign language teachers (e.g. word usage, pronunciation, etc.).
- Cooperation in foreign language speech contests.
- Cooperation in local international exchange activities.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor or the school principal.
Application Procedures for the Government of Japan JET Programme (how to apply):
Application procedures and requirements slightly vary depending on the country of applicant, please refer to the JET Program Leaflet or the Japanese embassy in your home country for specific requirements and application instructions
Applying to participate on the JET Program is a long and competitive process. However, the rewards of being chosen are well worth the effort. Successful applicants receive a one-year term of appointment with a contracting organization in Japan.
Application Deadline: Varies
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Webpage.