University of Manitoba Work-Study Program 2023
The University of Manitoba are pleased to invite as well as welcome highly intellectual and eligible international students who wish to further their academic path in Canada to take a chance in applying for the ongoing Work-Study Program for the 2023/2024 academic session. This program is open to Undergraduate and Postgraduate candidates.
This Funded scholarship is an opportunity awarded to qualified international Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. This program is sponsored and hosted by University of Manitoba, Canada. The Work-Study program offers part-time, on-campus employment for students with financial need during the school year. Apply to the program to gain valuable work experience and skills related to your field right on campus.
The University of Manitoba (U of M, UManitoba, or UM) is a Canadian public research university in the province of Manitoba. Founded in 1877, it is the first university of western Canada. The university claims to maintain a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution, conducting more research annually than any other university in the region; its competitive academic and research programs have also consistently ranked among the top in the Canadian Prairies. Research at the University of Manitoba has accordingly produced various world-renowned contributions, including the creation of canola oil in the 1970s. Moreover, the university has produced countless government figures, including provincial premiers, Supreme Court justices, and Members of Parliament.
The work-study program is coordinated by the Financial Aid, Awards and Career Services. The Work-Study Program, coinciding with the University of Manitoba, is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, members of racialised communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for University of Manitoba Work-Study Program 2023:
- Have proof of a 2023-2024 government student aid package of at least $2,000; or, proof of 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding. If you are delayed in receiving your funding, please email Work-Study so we can determine a plan for your situation. (Note: Past government aid does not count; personal bank loans such as lines of credit and/or educational loans and registered educational saving plans are not considered with this program.)
- Be registered at the University of Manitoba as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms (Fall 2023 and Winter 2024). Students must have a minimum 60% course load (i.e., 9 credit hours per term for undergraduate students). If you are a Graduate student, please contact us so we can determine your validity case-by-case.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in their previous academic session (not applicable for new UM students)
- Be residing in Manitoba throughout the Work-Study employment term.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 University of Manitoba Work-Study Program (how to apply):
Interested applicants seeking for University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada should follow these steps:
All students need to re-apply for the Work-Study program every year due to financial aid requirements.
To apply for Work-Study:
- Register or log-in to your existing UMConnect
- On the navigation pane on the left-hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Work-Study Program Application.
- Complete and submit the form for a pre-approved Work-Study access. After submitting the form, you will need to click on the “Accept” button on the right-hand side under “Action required by you” to view and apply to job postings.
You must attach documents demonstrating your eligibility to the application. This could include a copy of your 2023-2024 financial aid assistance, Indigenous band sponsorship, or disability funding.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.