AIG Scholarships 2024 at University of Oxford
Applications are being accepted from qualified individuals from West African States for the 2024/2025 session of the AIG Scholarships at University of Oxford. Masters candidates may participate in this program.
This Fully Funded Scholarship is an opportunity that offers covers full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses to qualified Master students. This program is sponsored by Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) and is to be taken at University of Oxford. The AIG Scholarships are targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 45 with strong intellectual capability, outstanding academic achievements, leadership skills and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. There is evidence of teaching as early as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation. It grew rapidly from 1167 when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris. After disputes between students and Oxford townsfolk in 1209, some academics fled north-east to Cambridge where they established what became the University of Cambridge. The two English ancient universities share many common features and are jointly referred to as Oxbridge. The university is made up of thirty-nine semi-autonomous constituent colleges, five permanent private halls, and a range of academic departments which are organized into four divisions. Oxford operates the world’s oldest university museum, the largest university press in the world and the largest academic library system nationwide.
To accomplish our objective of being an impetus for transformation in the Public Sector, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will each year for five year, counting from 2017, finance five grants for remarkable West African students from all settings who have interest in the public sector, to study Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government , University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will in return be expected to apply their learning knowledge as change specialists in their nation’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarship program is basically aimed at young graduate students between the ages of 25 and 35 with solid scholarly capacity, extraordinary scholastic accomplishments, initiative abilities and an enthusiasm to add to the advancement of Africa’s public sector.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG).
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Oxford.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: covers full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters degree level.
Nationality: West African States (e.g. Nigeria and Ghana)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for AIG Scholarships 2024:
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
SEE ALSO: ARCO Group Career Opportunities 2023
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 AIG Scholarships (how to apply):
Applications for the for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 are all to be submitted online. Interested and eligible candidates can click here to start application.
Application Deadline: September 15th, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.