Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme 2023
Applications for Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme for the academic year 2023/2024 are now being accepted from qualified Nigerian individuals. This program is open to Researchers and Start-ups.
This Internship is an opportunity that offers Up to N5,000,000 each to qualified Nigerian Researchers and Start-ups applicants. This program is sponsored by FMCIDE/NITDA and hosted by NITDA. The program will support Up to N5,000,000 each for 45 successful AI researchers or start-ups in the following areas among others: Agriculture, Finance, Health Care, Education & Workforce, Governance, Sustainability, Utility. This program aims to foster a vibrant and sustainable AI ecosystem in Nigeria by providing financial support. Applications are invited from researchers and start-ups hoping to accelerate their research and development efforts.
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is a public service institution established by NITDA Act 2007 as the ICT policy implementing arm of the Federal Ministry of Communication and Digital Economy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It has sole responsibility of developing programs that caters for the running of ICT related activities in the country. NITDA is also mandated with the implementation of policies guideline for driving ICT in Nigeria. It plays advisory role in copyright law by verification and revision of applicable laws in tandem with the application of software and technology acquisition. Majority of these activities are achieved through organization of workshops which cater for training needs of her staff, government functionaries and education sectors.
Program Sponsor(s): FMCIDE/NITDA
Host Institution(s): NITDA
Award Amount: Up to N5,000,000 each
Number of Awards: Several
Targets: Researchers and Start-ups
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme 2023:
- Consortium that includes a start-up or technology company, Nigerian academic researcher or a foreign researcher
- Must have a research proposal that aligns with the Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy’s AI priority areas
- The applicant must have a detailed proposal outlining the project and its potential impact on the Nigerian economy
- Must have a demonstrable track record of excellence in research or entrepreneurship
- Must be able to publish at least one peer-reviewed article within one year of receiving the grant.
Grant applications will be reviewed by a panel of AI experts. The selection criteria will include:
- Novelty and originality of the research proposal
- Applicant’s track record of excellence in research or entrepreneurship
- Alignment of the research with the Ministry’s AI priority areas
- Feasibility of the project
SEE ALSO: Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme (how to apply):
Interested applicants seeking for Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme should follow these steps:
- Applications must be submitted through the designated online channel provided
- The proposals will be evaluated by a panel of AI experts
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email and invited for an interview
- Successful applicants will be notified via email
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.