Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024
Applications from suitable South African candidates are now being accepted for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme for the school year 2024/2025. Undergraduate and Postgraduate are eligible for this program.
This Full Funding scholarship is an opportunity offered to qualified undergraduate and postgraduate students from South Africa. This program is hosted by Government of South Africa and sponsored by Higher Educational Institutions in South Africa. Funza Lushaka bursaries cover most of the recipient’s essential expenses. Expenses covered include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, teaching practice and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Higher Educational Institutions in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: South Africans
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024:
- Applicants should be 30 years and below to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- The Funza Lushaka bursary does not fund extended programs.
- The applicant must be accepted into an approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE program to specialize in two or more of the priority subject areas.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.
- The applicant must be committed to teach in any school to which a student may be placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED).
- Students must meet the minimum academic criteria for award of the bursary.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024 are to visit the application portal and follow the steps outlined (below):
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2024 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more informat6ion about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.