CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024
Applications from suitable foreign candidates are now being accepted for the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for the school year 2024/2025. Graduates are eligible for this program.
This Fully-Funded scholarship is an opportunity offered to qualified graduate students. This program is hosted by Carnegie Mellon University Africa and sponsored by CMU-Africa and Mastercard Foundation. CMU-Africa is part of a global network of 33 Scholars Program partners, comprised of institutions committed to developing Africa’s young leaders. Upon completion of the program, the Scholars go on to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent.
Carnegie Mellon University Africa, in Kigali, Rwanda, is a global location of Carnegie Mellon University. CMU-Africa offers master’s degrees in Information Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Engineering Artificial Intelligence. CMU-Africa is part of the Carnegie Mellon College of Engineering. The College of Engineering is top-ranked. In U.S. News & World Report’s 2023 graduate rankings, the College of Engineering was ranked.
The Mastercard Foundation is an international non-governmental organization established by Mastercard in 2006. The organization, which is based in Toronto, Ontario, has supported work in 49 countries. In 2018, Mastercard Foundation shifted to a specific focus on Africa, through its Young Africa Works strategy. The foundation develops programs primarily focused on reducing gender and economic inequality, expanding access to quality education, increasing the opportunities for decent work, and supporting overall economic growth. Funding is primarily managed with bilateral allocations through post-secondary institutions, research institutes, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, plus multilateral allocations through organizations like the numerous United Nations entities under the United Nations Sustainable Development Group.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): CMU-Africa and Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): Carnegie Mellon University Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2024:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be in financial need
- Academic talent: Scholars value learning and have the drive to complete their education
- Commitment to giving back: Scholars have demonstrated a commitment to improving their communities
- Potential to lead: Scholars will become role models, mentors, and change-makers
- Applicants must first be admitted to one of CMU-Africa’s degree programs.
Applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers application preparation support, orientation, tuition and fees, health insurance, travel and basic living expenses, project, and entrepreneurship support. Scholars also have access to a range of resources that support their well-being and academic success.
- Scholars benefit from tailored activities to prepare them for the workplace. Throughout their studies, they participate in professional development activities including, but not limited to, internship and career fairs, networking opportunities with industry leaders, one-on-one career coaching that prepare them to pursue their goals upon graduation.
- Leadership development: Scholars develop leadership skills through participation in student clubs, community service, and a variety of programs that equip students to become change-makers.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (how to apply):
As part of the application procedures for CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, there are two steps to apply to CMU-Africa:
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.