MainOne Technical Support Internship 2024
Applications for the MainOne Technical Support Internship 2024/2025 are currently being accepted from talented and driven Nigerians who would like to apply for this amazing opportunity to gain invaluable job experience. Applicants for the B.Sc. and HND programs are welcome.
This internship program is an opportunity awarded to qualified Nigerian B.Sc and HND students. This program is organized by MainOne and located in Nigeria. At MainOne, teams work together with fresh ideas, leveraging advanced technology to provide IT solutions that revolutionize businesses and enable West Africa’s digital economy, while building an organization that is sustainable and value generating.
The Main One Cable is a submarine communications cable stretching from Portugal to South Africa with landings along the route in various west African countries. On April 28, 2008, it was announced that Main Street Technologies has awarded a turnkey supply contract for the Main One Cable System to Tyco Telecommunications. The cable system spans 14,000 km and provides additional capacity for international and Internet connectivity to countries between Portugal and South Africa on the west coast of Africa. The submarine cable project was designed in two phases, both of which were scheduled for completion in May 2010. The dual fiber pair, 1.28-Tbit/s, DWDM project connects Nigeria, Ghana, and Portugal in Phase 1 with onward connectivity through Portugal to Europe, Asia and the Americas. The Phase 1 cable system spans 6,900 kilometers. Additional connectivity extending to Angola and South Africa occurred in the second phase of the project. Main One provides international capacity into a region that has experienced explosive growth in tele-density in recent years, but which remains constrained with respect to access to international cable capacity for global connectivity. The system is being developed by Main Street Technologies headquartered in Lagos.
SEE ALSO: McKinsey Forward Africa Program 2024
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Nigeria
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: B.Sc/HND
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for MainOne Technical Support Internship 2024:
- Applicants must be a graduate.
- Applicants must have BSc/HND in a relevant study.
- Applicants must have B.Sc/HND from a recognizable institution.
- Applicants must have Excellent Communication Skills.
- Applicants must have Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must be Target driven and goal oriented.
- Applicants must have Multitasking skills.
- CCNA will be an advantage.
- Applicants who have Previous experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
The Technical Support Intern will be responsible for the following functions:
- Configure, test and provision customers on CRM platform.
- Coordinate 3rd party installation and support activities.
- Assign new requests/opportunities captured from MainOne website.
- Run weekly reports on incidents – opportunities and complaints.
- Network management and monitoring.
- Perform 1st level fault troubleshooting tasks.
- Liaise with OEM to resolve technical related issues.
- Liaise with vendor(s) for customer installations.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Critically analyze customer complaints and issues with a bid to providing lasting solution.
- Continually drive customer satisfaction through speedy resolution of complaints.
Application Procedures for the 2024/2025 MainOne Technical Support Internship (how to apply):
Interested applicants for the MainOne Technical Support Internship for Young Graduates should click on ‘Login to apply’ button at the official webpage for the program and complete the online application on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.