Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) is pleased to accept qualify international students for the 2023/2024 academic session. This fund is open to those seeking to continue their Masters program in Netherlands.
This Academic Award is partially funded and a non refundable offer of Tuition fee of € 10,000 – € 15,000 is offed to qualified international Masters applicants. This program is hosted and sponsored by Leiden University, Netherlands. The scholarship is for excellent students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree program – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School.
Leiden University is a public research university in Leiden, Netherlands. It was founded as a Protestant university in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, as a reward to the city of Leiden for its defense against Spanish attacks during the Eighty Years’ War. It’s known to be one of Europe’s leading international research universities.
Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University Master’s degree, with the exception of students applying for a Master program for which a specified previous Master program or work experience is mandatory (e.g. LLM Advanced Studies programs).
The LExS is awarded for the duration of the study program. There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA LExS recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University, Netherlands
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Leiden University, Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee of € 10,000 – € 15,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Student
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023:
- Applicants for all Master’s program at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at Leiden Law School.
- Non-EEA/non-EFTA nationals who are applying for a Master’s program at Leiden University. See additional note for UK students below.
- Students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies program, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study program(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s program for which they are applying.
- Eligible Programs: The following faculties are eligible for the study scholarship: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Science, African Studies Center, International Institute for Asian Studies
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) (how to apply):
To be considered for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS), you are expected to the following steps:
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
Application Deadline: 1 Oct (for programs starting 1 Feb) yearly
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.