KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023
The KNUST Mastercard Foundation is delighted to announce as well as invite intellectual African students who wish to further their education in Ghana to partake in the on going KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023. This program is open to suitable candidates who wish to continue their Postgraduate studies.
This scholarship program is open to Postgraduate students. This scholarship scheme is a fully funded opportunity that covers the tuition fee and general expenses. This program is hosted by KNUST, Ghana and sponsored by Mastercard Foundation/ KNUST. This program provides comprehensive scholarships for access to quality university education to qualified academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation is an international non-governmental organization established by Mastercard in 2006. The organization, which is based in Toronto, Ontario, has supported work in 49 countries. In 2018, Mastercard Foundation shifted to a specific focus on Africa, through its Young Africa Works strategy.
SEE ALSO: Boren Fellowship Awards for International Students 2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation/ KNUST
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): KNUST, Ghana
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023:
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have proven records of leadership and community engagement(s)
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Plus numerous other benefits (see official site)
SEE ALSO: Taught Masters and Research Scholarship 2023 Program at University of Exeter
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship (how to apply):
Eligible candidates for the scholarship should proceed to download the application form for free.
- Submit the completed application forms THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to; The Program Manager, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST, Africa Hall Road, Impact Building, PMB KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana.
- International applicants will be required to submit alongside the application form, tother documents to include: printout of application for admission at KNUST, High School results (e.g WASSCE, GBCE, GCE, etc).
Application Deadline: 31 July, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit the Official Website.