Boren Fellowship Awards for International Students 2023
Boren Fellowship Awards is delighted to welcome qualified and outstanding international candidates who wish to continue their Graduates program to enroll for Boren Fellowship in the U.S. for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This fellowship program is partially funded and a non refundable offer up to $30,000 is given to qualified Graduates students to add an important international and language component to their graduate education through specialization in area study, language study, or increased language proficiency. The Boren Fellowships support study and research in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests. This fellowship is sponsored by Boren, USA and hosted by Institute of International Education (IIE), USA.
Boren Fellows have additional guidelines for self-designed research, internship, and study programs. They are also eligible to receive funding for domestic summer language programs immediately prior to their overseas study.
The Boren Awards do not require grantees to receive academic credit at their home institution for their overseas study. Many types of programs may be eligible to receive Boren Awards funding, including:
- Study abroad programs arranged by your home institution, a consortium of colleges and universities, or another U.S. institution
- Overseas programs with a robust language component arranged by an independent provider
- Direct enrollment in a foreign university or independent language school.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Boren, USA
Host Institution(s): Institute of International Education (IIE), USA
Fellowship Worth: Up to $30,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for Boren Fellowship Awards 2023:
- Applicants may be matriculated in or applying to a graduate degree program located within the United States and accredited by a body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Boren Fellows must be matriculated in a graduate degree program by the start date of their fellowship and may not graduate until the fellowship is complete.
- Planning to study in a country of which they are not a citizen
- Eligible graduate degree programs include master’s (MA, MS, MBA, LLM and others), juris doctor (JD), or doctoral (PhD, MD and others) programs. Non-degree certificate programs are not eligible by themselves
In addition to these basic eligibility criteria, the Boren Awards give preference to programs based on their duration, focus on intensive study of a preferred language in a preferred country, and the applicant’s field of study.
Application Procedures for the 2023/2024 Boren Fellowship Awards (how to apply):
Qualified applicants for this fellowship should notify their Boren Awards campus representative as early as possible in the application process.
Application Deadline: Not Stated
For more information about this opportunity,Visit the Official Website.